First time Macro C&C please

Feezor

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys quick background I just started photography about 2 weeks ago and I have a Canon T1i that I am shooting with. Interested in Macro but have ALOT to learn. I had a friend that let me borrow their lens to try and here is what I came up with. These are with the Canon 100mm macro.

These were all in "close-up" mode on my camera (I dont know what kind of settings to use so feel free to help me with that)

Here is the first picture I took. I cant seem to get the whole flower in focus just parts of it. The center of the flower I could not get into focus in ANY photos.

Shutter speed: 1/400
Aperture: F5
ISO: 100

Out of camera:
IMG_1025un-edited.jpg

Slight edit:
IMG_1025edited.jpg

This one I think is better but still center s not in focus.

Shutter speed: 1/250
Aperture: 5.6

Out of camera:
IMG_1026un-edited.jpg

Slight edit:
IMG_1026edit.jpg

Any help or input appreciated.

I like them but the last one is my favorite wou;d've been nice to be a little closer to the center to see more detail

Shutter speed: 1/400
Aperture: F5

An ideal set the aperture to 11 , and shutter down to what ever will give the correct light .
Quote " . I cant seem to get the whole flower in focus just parts of it. The center of the flower I could not get into focus in ANY photos." un-quote.

With a true macro lens the closer you get to a 1:1 ratio (life size) the less the focus area is ( shallow DOF ) depth of field.
About the Not get into focus , You need to use MF manual focus to get what areas you want or set the camera to spot focus ( if it has that ).

Nice shots..

btw, if u wanna put different objects in focus with a macro lens.. just take one step away from the object.. and adjust ur manual focus :)

Thanks for the help guys, when it gets light enough outside I am going to go practice more. I have been using manual focus. Auto focus seems a little touchy so I feel its quicker to just do it manually.

The diopter might be off on your camera too if you think your should be focused on something and its obviously not.

Most reactions

Back