First time out with camera (canon rebel xti)

allmotoref

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
ok this is my first tiime taking pics witha real camera ,tell me what you think!!!!!!!!and if there wack tell me and post me some info on how to make them better thankssss

1)
063.jpg

2)
079.jpg

3)
156.jpg

4)Beach emo #1
160.jpg

5)Beach emo #2 gets sand castle smashed by beach bully ...lmao
164.jpg

6)
165.jpg

7)Floor lol
227.jpg

8)
230.jpg

9)
169.jpg

10)
171.jpg

11)
172.jpg

12)
174.jpg

13)
175.jpg

Too many pictures to do C&C on.

They're mostly snapshots.

Too many pictures to do C&C on.

They're mostly snapshots.
yea dont really know how to use the camera yet ...i want to do automobile photos any ideas on whats a good lense to make the pics less blurry???

Just post 2 or 3 pics and they will respond alot better!

This coming from a newbie too.

I would have to say that #1----#7-----#13 are the best of the three.

Delete the rest and see what people say about those three.

#2 is underexposed and #3 is overexposed I think!

Most of the rest kinda look like Snap shots

Something about number 7 Catches my eye with the salt cristal in the middle or what ever that is!

Just post 2 or 3 pics and they will respond alot better!

This coming from a newbie too.

I would have to say that #1----#7-----#13 are the best of the three.

Delete the rest and see what people say about those three.

#2 is underexposed and #3 is overexposed I think!

Most of the rest kinda look like Snap shots

Something about number 7 Catches my eye with the salt cristal in the middle or what ever that is!
ok i will do, any good right ups so i can learn what the terms mean???like i have no idea what under and over exposed means lol

Try to find the book called Idiots Guide to Photography Essentials! I have read it like 5 times!

But in simple terms... Under Exposed is too dark Over is to much light!

I am sure others can go into a ton of detail into that and there are whole books just about exposure. I bought some off ebay from really cheap.... 6 bucks to 10 bucks shipped!

yea dont really know how to use the camera yet ...i want to do automobile photos any ideas on whats a good lense to make the pics less blurry???
Are you shooting in RAW or JPEG? I have a Canon XTi and I get better results shooting RAW. My JPEG images were really soft.

How much post processing (photo editing) are you doing to these pictures?

What lens are you using now? How much are you willing to spend on a new lens?

Last edited:
well too many random pics there, but i would say your last pic is your best.
clear.gif

automotive photography get some strobes and a zoom lens and learn photoshop very well to clone out glare on the car and suck.... on another note what motor you got in the ef? b16?

automotive photography get some strobes and a zoom lens and learn photoshop very well to clone out glare on the car and suck.... on another note what motor you got in the ef? b16?
yea im trying to learn how to work photo shop cs3 but i dont know were to start loland my ef had a b20vtec with itbs now im building a k24/k20

ouch those pics are...
very noisy and oof
i reccommend you use it in Aperture priority = AP (unless you require speed in which case use shutter priority = TV.)

and in daylight keep your ISO at 100, no need for it to create noise when it isn't needed
and aperture between f8 - f16
also im guessing you have the 18-55mm kit lens, thats fine for car photography tbh

i use the Canon xti
it creates some nice images, but they can be pretty Out of focus sometimes / blurry and shows ALLOT of UV haze (even with a uv filter on)

but i recommend buying the 50mm II Ef-S lens for around £70 - 100
your first shots look allot like mines :p i would keep them, then look back at them in 3 month time
and you will see how much better you have gotten,,, assuming you play with the camera all the time

yea im trying to learn how to work photo shop cs3 but i dont know were to start loland my ef had a b20vtec with itbs now im building a k24/k20
Research research research... and maybe try out a lil easier program like Adobe Photoshop Elements 6.0 to get a feel for it... and k24/k20 FTW! :lol:

where you from BTW? im a member of a local imports car forum and there are a few REALLY good photographers on there that would be willing to help you in learning automotive photography.

I'm still fairly new to DSLR shooting as well, however something I've learned recently.. The rule of Thirds. (Look it up. TRUST me)
I agree with the general consensus. This look like snapshots. (Of course, a lot of mine still do as well)
Take your time when composing a shot. And COMPOSE the shot if possible. Don't be afraid to crop an image. Once you learn your camera a little more and you learn some graphics/photo software, you'll improve. Don't give up!

Love the leaves.

Most reactions

Back