First time out with my Nikon D40

stittly

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey, so I got a D40 for Christmas and this is the first set of pictures that I have taken. C&C are welcome. Thanks for looking!

DSC_0025.jpg

DSC_0029.jpg

DSC_0054-1.jpg

DSC_0060.jpg

DSC_0064-1.jpg

DSC_0067.jpg

DSC_0069.jpg

DSC_0073.jpg

DSC_0076.jpg

DSC_0083.jpg

DSC_0151.jpg

DSC_0163.jpg

DSC_0175.jpg

And my first try at HDR:
(If anyone knows somewhere to get the full version of Photomatix for cheap, please let me know!)

jfgregoreyhdr2.jpg

legendhdr.jpg

Nice, were these all taken with a kit lense?

Most were taken with the 18-55mm kit lens, however the close ups such as the lizards and squirrel were taken with the 55-200mm non VR lens.

Thanks for the comment!

Well i can tell you December in Rochester, NY doesn't look anything like that. Some good shots, particularly the one with the lizards coming out of the hollowed out tree, excellent depth of field.

Some of the photos look a bit dark and busy. I like your first HDR, looks good. I haven't tried that yet.

Some of the photos look a bit dark and busy. I like your first HDR, looks good. I haven't tried that yet.

I'll have to agree with you. Looking back, at least one picture shouldn't have made it here (the dark one with the rocks and logs at the edge of the water).

Thanks for the comments!

P.S. What image hosting site do you guys/gals use? I uploaded these to photobucket, and it seems to have messed up a lot of the colors and gotten rid of a lot of detail (mainly on the landscapes).

the second shot really got my attention, i think you should retry that shot at dusk or dawn, an hdr would be awesome too. them lizard things are cool as hell, where are these shots taken?

Most reactions

Back