First Time OUt With New Body. C&C

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by CharlieGarrison, Jun 23, 2010.

1. CharlieGarrison

CharlieGarrison TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Hello- this is my first post and I am a noob. I claim 90% ignorance when it comes to photography. At least that's what I would have said a couple of weeks ago. Maybe now I am at 85%. I have been reading, listening, and looking trying to absorb as much information about photography as possible. I think I understand the technical basics when it comes to aperture, shutter speed, and/or exposure (not sure if this is redundant).

I don't know much about PP though. I don't know how to use the software short of auto-levels and cropping. I also don't really know what I should be looking for in PP. I don't really know where to start and how I know the photo is good.

Here are a couple of photos from my first outing as a born-again photographer, transitioning from PAS to trying to put thought into actually making a photo.

I'm looking for brutal honesty from you guys. All feedback is welcome! I included my own feedback and I would like to know if I am off base.

1. I thought this came out sharp but could use a little more emotion in the facial expression. Also maybe a little over-exposed.
    [​IMG]

2. I don't know why but I thought this was a cool mid-day shot of the moon. Not the best IQ but it was shot hand-held at 200mm.
    [​IMG]

3. I also shot this @200mm and had to do some major cropping but it still seemed to come out sharp. I would like to be able to see the eyes better but I guess that is a pp type thing.
    [​IMG]

4. Same as three but a different take on the cropping.
    [​IMG]

2. CharlieGarrison

CharlieGarrison TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    70 views and no posts. Either the pictures are reeaallly bad or reeaaallly good or just boring. Any suggestions?