First time out

glocktekz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just bought a Canon XSI with the 18-55 IS this afternoon and here are a few shots from my first time out

IMG_0161.jpg

IMG_0197.jpg

IMG_0189.jpg

IMG_0209.jpg

No one has any comments. Nothing how i can improve!

thats a nice g in the background in the last one. i like the first one the best, it would be a lot better if that bridge was gone... on the second pic the horizon is tilted.

it looks to me like a few things are a little out of focus... make sure with night shots you drop the iso to the lowest and a higher Fstop to have more in focus, either use the timer or a remote to avoid shaking the camera. but composition seems good

These shots were all my first time using a DSLR so i was just playing around in manual mode trying to find the best settings for night time. Low iso is for low light situations correct. And Fstop would would be the shutter or aperture. Because most shots i took were about 10 sec to capture so it would be a bright photo.

Other than that i think i did not to bad first time, more practice will make perfect thou.

Hey, I just got the same camera last week! Really love it and it's my first DSLR.

I really like the composition as well. I think you are going to get different opinions based off of taste. Personally, I like lots of darker tones and detail. So, for pic 2 and 3, I would have taken the exposure time down some. You might lose some detail on the pillars and the surrounding building, but it's dark already and you know what those parts of the building are. You are losing a lot of detail on the lit portion of the building, which would be nice to see. But, I don't think you can get that detail back once you've exposed too much.
Overall very nice shots. Love the street shots as well.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back