First Time Pics Ever With XTI

rizzie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Whats going on everybody, brand new to the photography scene. Just bought a canon xti on tuesday and tried it out today to see what I can get out of it. I used the "M" mode with ISO of 100. Any tips to make things better please let me know I appreciate it.

IMG_0183.jpg

IMG_0182.jpg

IMG_0162.jpg

IMG_0150.jpg

IMG_0143.jpg

IMG_0137.jpg

IMG_0138.jpg

Awesome stuff. Good to see someone shooting with the same camera. The first one has great depth of feild and interesting composition. I like the second one as well (some may say it's "underexposed"). The third one is a little cluttered and there isn't any definable subject. The others don't really strike me in any way and the more you shoot the more interesting your shots will become.
Also some will tell you to try and make your horizons straight and not slanted on your landscapes.

nice shots. But next time space and number them

keep shooting!

Hiya rizzie and welcome to ThePhotoForum!
Congratulations on starting out your new hobby with such a nice camera.
Thanks for sharing your first results with us.
As suggested by JimmyO, next time you post, make sure to push the space bar at least twice between one link and the next, else all your photos run one into the other. And as soon as you know it's going to be more than three photos in one thread, give them numbers. I edited your post accordingly this time.

I like the first photo.
The others still show technical flaws or compositional flaws, but all in all you seem to be on a good path. You might want to try out one or the other software that helps you to further work on your photos once they've been taken. Such software can help you correct crooked horizons (as are showing in the last two photos here), it'd also help you "re-compose" a photo that hadn't come out its best in the straight-out-of-camera (SOOC)-frame by cropping them in a different manner, you can take influence on the colours, contrasts, sharpness of a photo and so on.

Keep posting, read a lot, and keep shooting!

Most reactions

Back