First time question about lighting kit

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by beardsnotbeers, Oct 30, 2009.

1. beardsnotbeers

beardsnotbeers TPF Noob!

Hey everyone. I had a question about an umbrella lighting kit. I am not a photographer, but i run an online webstore company and need to buy a basic yet efficient lighting kit for my product photos. They range from CD's to apparel (t's hoodies, pants etc). I want to have a super slick crisp picture with an all white background similar to an Apple Computers aesthetic. Any help?

T

2. nickisonfire

nickisonfire TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    simply put, you will not be able to do this.

you mentioned your not a photographer, so I would assume you don't know anything about the work that goes into making photos seamless white. It's not something you can just pick up

3. ErectedGryphon

ErectedGryphon TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
  4. beardsnotbeers

beardsnotbeers TPF Noob!

I know this isn't as easy as just lighting and clicking. I'm going to sub out my photo needs, but I want an in house set up to cut down my initial costs as well as retain the option to take it over myself later on down the road if I decide to. I just need something a decent photographer can use so I'm not having to rent lighting every shoot. I don't have a photographer in mind just yet, or I would ask them.

Thanks for answering my question Gryphon.

Nick....it's you're not your. ;) Thanks for the help though!