First time Senior pics C&C Please!!

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by supermanning, Aug 1, 2010.

1. supermanning

supermanning TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    My first attempt at senior photos. My subject was not the most willing, so they're a little rushed (I promised him only 15 min) I used the creative mode (P) so I wouldn't have to make alot of adjustments while shooting. I think I should have used a shallower DOF on a couple.
    I have a very willing model for later this week, and will take much more time.

I'm also still getting used to the AF on my new camera (Canon 7D). All shot with 50mm 1.4 on the 7D

Like I said, it's my first attempt, so be gentle ;) also my first attempt at uploading to TPF so I hope it works. Thanks!!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Newnan3

Newnan3 TPF Noob!

Watch out for people doing weird sh@t with their hands in your shots........

3. tirediron

tirediron Watch the Birdy! Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    C&C per req:

1. I like the pose here, but I'm not fond of the cropped right arm. As well, with a 1.4, why so much DoF?

2. Nice, however the bright sun/blown sky behind is a bit of a detriment. Perhaps a slightly different shooting position? As well, the image has taken on a slight reddish/pink cast which I would suggest reducing in post.

3. Another nice capture, but I would suggest cropping the area from the fence-post to the RH edge; there's a lot of blown area which is very distracting.

4. Again, I think this would be greatly improved with a crop and leveling; the signs/blown area to the right of the column is once again distracting.

Overall, nicely done; some minor issues, most of which are easliy addressed in post.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

4. Derrel

Derrel Mr. Rain Cloud

Photos OK to edit
    Your framing choices are questionable on poses 1,2,3,and 4. Cropping off the feet in a full-length standing photo is a no-no. 1,3,and 4 have the subject quite off-center. The photos would benefit from some careful post processing to bring the contrast and saturation up a bit. Keep at it. You'll get better and better.