First time sharing

Keebler

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have had my D40 for about 2 months or so. This is my first Dslr. This is my first time really sharing my photos with anyone other than friends/family. Please let me know how you guys feel about them.

3807435609_c33c39723d.jpg

3808250710_c0e9935cf1.jpg

3803372836_844d207392.jpg

Last edited:
I just been fooling around with Lightroom. I still really don't know what exactly I am doing when it comes with that. Thanks for the input.

try to put a space between each of your photos.. it makes them easier to look at.

good job though

#1 - Interesting look but I wish there was less foreground and more shack. Don't care for the vignette in this one. Wish you took a few steps back and to the right for this shot.

#2 - Really don't like the vignette in this shot...very distracting. Was this taken in a dust/sand storm?

#3 - The framing feels too tight on this shot. Was this desaturated? I think this image doesn't need the thick black border.

1) Would have been a great shot, but you should try lightening it up some. Is there vignetting on that also? If so, take it off and repost and see how it is. I think it would look good with the PP you did, but no vignette.

2) I am a sucker to plane shots but the vignette is completely way too much BUT it would work if the crop wasn't co close. The only reason I say that is because of the planes right wing. You did keep it well inside the rule of 1/3s but it bothers me the vignette covers/starts at more than the tip of the wing.

3) Nice shot. I am also a sucker for shots of the flag on it. Did you do any desaturation on this one? The only thing I do not like is the angle. I use CS4 and I don't know if you can do it in LR, but there is a level straightening tool that I would have pulled across the top of the steps - I guess you can't really determine what's straight on that shot becuase of the angle. I actually think a cropped in version would be nice - maybe at the corner of the top step and up to the blue and have the edge of the step and the bottom right of what would be the image.

Thanks for sharing

~Michael~

#1 - Interesting look but I wish there was less foreground and more shack. Don't care for the vignette in this one. Wish you took a few steps back and to the right for this shot.

#2 - Really don't like the vignette in this shot...very distracting. Was this taken in a dust/sand storm?

#3 - The framing feels too tight on this shot. Was this desaturated? I think this image doesn't need the thick black border.

1- I went a little crazy with lightroom.
2- This was taken in an early morning fog.
3- I have this shot without a border originally. Yes it was desaturated. I also had to crop the top portion of it due to the sidewalk that is just beyond it.

MUCH BETTER!

Make that plane shot level, at least with the wings. I think the fog give it good character!

~Michael~

Most reactions

Back