First time shooting with low shutter speed @ night ....

Nutcracker33

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi

just did some shooting on my balcony .. C and C please

i thought the photo looked kinda dark, it was shot @ 8" and F22 w/ ISO 100

2619150417_8015a73145_b.jpg

2619233891_a7fa9645ff_b.jpg

oh an a question, what do i have to do make the photo comes out sharper (other than getting a new lens :greenpbl:)

Thanks

C&C welcome

2nd one looks best.

What iso were you using? looks a little noisy at the top. Could be fixed in PS though.

I am under the impression that f/8 will give you the sharpest image across the widest depth.

Also looks like you could crop the top off too.

2nd one looks best.

What iso were you using? looks a little noisy at the top. Could be fixed in PS though.

I am under the impression that f/8 will give you the sharpest image across the widest depth.

Also looks like you could crop the top off too.

this is the properties of the first shot
Exposure: 10 sec (10) Aperture: f/22 Focal Length: 18 mm ISO Speed: 100 Exposure Bias: 0/3 EV Flash: Flash did not fire
i think it is noisy becuase of the aperture

and the second
Exposure: 8 sec (8) Aperture: f/11 Focal Length: 18 mm ISO Speed: 400 Exposure Bias: 0/3 EV Flash: Flash did not fire

Not necessarily. Most lenses' sweet spot is somewhere in around f/8 to f/13 or so, but the "widest depth" will always be at the lowest aperture. (f/90 on LF, anyone?)

Then there's diffraction...

*sigh*

AND OP: The noise is due to long shutter speed (or high ISO, but not in this case), not aperture.

Did you use a tripod and a remote release?

Most reactions

Back