First time taking night pics v. My bike

dry3210

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is the third time using my camera since I bought it and first time attempting night shots with it.

Comments are welcome just don't destroy me too much ha

1_11_06_08_8_26_42_4.JPG

1_11_06_08_8_26_42_7.jpg

(I photoshopped out a dumpster and a sign from this one)

1_11_06_08_8_26_43_9.jpg

(this is cropped but I just noticed the blue crates in it which kinda ruins it)

1_11_06_08_8_26_43_10.JPG

(I couldn't get high enough to get the whole word in the picture)

1_11_06_08_8_26_43_11.JPG

(Same as first but with headlights on)

1_11_06_08_8_26_44_17.JPG

1_11_06_08_8_26_43_12.JPG

1_11_06_08_8_26_45_22.jpg

You've got some really great ideas here. From an exposure point of view, the shots lack somewhat, but the composition ideas are very good. Overall, the focus on the motorcycle seems a little soft and your lighting isn't quite there. I suspect what you are trying to do is replicate the sorts of images you see in car and motorcycle magazines, and you've come very close, but you don't have the thousands of dollars of specialized lighting equipment that they do.
If you take images #1 and 2, the royal blue and chromium pieces stand outclearly, but the dark blue/black tend to get lost in the background. What you needed were a couple of low-intensity off-camera strobes to illuminate those areas.
I love the composition of #3, but again it's really no more than a silhouette.
#4 is another excellent idea; I would have parked nearer the "PARKING" and framed the shot on an angle to include the [I assume] word "NO" above it.
#5, 6 as per above comments about lighting.
#7, 8 need some illumination on some of the motorcyle features around them (not much mind you) to situate the viewer a little better.

Not bad at all

Some of them seem a little soft (bad focusing with little light?) And sometimes the black parts of the bike disappear in the darkness

Would a slightly longer exposure help bring out the black parts of the bike instead of extra lighting. I just used the building lights for the lighting (its hard enough getting a camera around on a bike not to mention lights!)

i like the first one. the others are just mediocre in my opinion. however i do love the huge NO PARKING thing on the pavement. very funny!

Owning a bike and all i like your ideas for angles but i am not pleased with the outcome

how about a larger apature and lower ISO? I have found with my camera that even in dim light if the object is stationary and i'm using a tripod then I can get away with low ISO if my shutter and apature is set ok

Most reactions

New Topics

Back