First time user of Photamatix

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by tjones8611, Oct 3, 2009.

1. tjones8611

tjones8611 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    After getting photomatix yesterday, these are the products of my HDR attempts. Photomatix does seam much easier to use versus photoshop, to bad I lack the skill to maximize either's potential. At least it's an intersting challenge to puruse....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. inTempus

inTempus TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I would say these are just a wee bit over done. The tones look way off. But if this is the look you're going for, the kind of surreal digital art look, then I guess you're on the right track. But personally I don't like HDR's that are over processed and look too fake. I use them to bring more detail in to shots that otherwise would be too dark or too bright.

3. tjones8611

tjones8611 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I too, prefer the style you describe. I tried for a little while, but eventually gave up. I dont think I had enough seperation in the original exposures to get a true HDR affect.

4. syphlix

syphlix TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    look like paintings to me... you can see the halos btwn the foreground and the sky in the 2nd one also... not sure if you minded that or not...

how do you take HDR w/ a bunch of ppl in the shot? doesn't their movement btwn frames screw things up at all?