First time using kenko extension tubes c&c

Rockern1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello

I got my Kenko extension tube set today.:D Tried it out with my canon rebel xsi and 18-55mm lens. I was rushing on these pics, UPS man came late and the sun was starting to set.

I was just messing around in Photoshop with this one
RedFlower.jpg

2. F/5.6 1/15 ISO800
IMG_4252.jpg

3. F/5.6 1/15 ISO800
IMG_4254.jpg

4. F/36.0 1/200 ISO400
IMG_4264.jpg

I tried to use lower ISO on 2&3 but i don't have a tripod:( so i couldn't use any lower shutter speeds

Last one is the only one properly focused. I would have liked to have seen the others nice and sharp though.

Last one is the only one properly focused. I would have liked to have seen the others nice and sharp though.

Actually, to my eye, the focus on #2 is pretty good too -- just not deep DOF and lighting could use some work

Good start!

Thanks guys I ordered a tripod today so hopefully ill get alot better focusing and DOF with it.

The red one looks way too saturated to me. Not sure if anyone else agrees. Nice start though. I like the last one a lot.

nice shots!
you must have been stoked for the UPS to come.

perhaps a ringflash so you dont have to bump your iso so high. ;)
but like you said, you were just psyched to get your stuff and rushed to get some pics as the sun was setting.

post more when you can.:thumbup:

nice shots!
you must have been stoked for the UPS to come.

perhaps a ringflash so you dont have to bump your iso so high. ;)
but like you said, you were just psyched to get your stuff and rushed to get some pics as the sun was setting.

post more when you can.:thumbup:

my package was supposed to come on monday and when i tracked the package in the morning and saw it said out for delivery i couldn't believe my eyes just the thought of that ill get to shoot macro all day long satuday and sunday got me so hyped up lol.

i was thinking about getting a ring flash but when i checked the prices:confused: i totally changed my mind lol

There are DIY ring flash designs somewhere here on TPF if you search, but you really don't need one yet. You just need good off-camera flash with some sort of modifier (I use my Canon 430EX with a Lumiquest Softbox and it works well). I built a ring and almost never use it. Before I spent any money on a ringflash, I would save for a true macro lens.

EDIT:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8472611@N04/sets/72157603816045949/

Last edited:
thanks guys ill look in to flashes more

EDIT:

icassell that ring you built for the flash is sick! nice job

Last edited:
i agree ian...that diy is badass!

also, i think youre right, i probably jumped the gun on suggesting a ringflash. even a speedlight and sync cable will do wonders.:thumbup:

Actually, to my eye, the focus on #2 is pretty good too -- just not deep DOF and lighting could use some work

Good start!

Actually I think I figured it out. They were shot at 1/15 so chances are the focus was good on all of them but there is camera shake added in there and messed all that up.

Can't wait to see more shots though from today.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back