First Time Using Off-Camera Flash,C&C

Crushy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This was my first time using off-camera flash. I was using a vivitar 285hv, and I decided 1 flash wasn't enough. So, only having one reciever for my wireless set-up, my friend and I timed it right after a bunch of tries and it worked! I know the car is in the same position each shot, im looking for more of lighting C&C. Thanks for looking.

DPP_0001.jpg

DPP_0002.jpg

DPP_0003.jpg

After having this off-camera set-up for only a day, I can already tell it will be a lot of fun.

Great shots IMO, A little blown out on a couple of small patched but great photos!

I would have tried to get some more light on the wheels. They look awesome on that car, but the black kind of gets lost.

#1 looks like a backdrop since the background is dark. I really like #2 though.

I think two looks the best in terms of lighting other than the shadows on the back and the fact that the background isn't the best. Try getting a couple free standing little $30 slave flashes. You could have placed them behind the car aimed outwards towards the walls to fill those shadows.

I am glad I moved out of Jersey and no longer have to put a damn license plate on the front of my car.

Way to go. OCF is sweet.

In #1, had the light camera right been higher you could well have avoided the specular highlight on the rear quarter panel there above the wheel well. It would also have put some light on the top of the car and the wing helping to separate them from the background. To bad you left the drivers window down in all of them.

The light camera left could have been a bit more to the left to light the grill area a bit more.

#2. Bad on you for using a handicapped space. :spank:
I hate parking garages because you can't get any light up high enough. If you had had an couple more lights you could have put at least one behind the car, back by the wall pointing back towards the camera for a rim light effect.

You can use snooted lights for the wheels when you get more lights.

#2. Bad on you for using a handicapped space.

I agree with that 110%.

Most reactions

Back