First time with my camera. C&C

Discussion in 'Just For Fun!' started by Sensayshun, Sep 15, 2009.

1. Sensayshun

Sensayshun TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Just some pictures of the dogs, this was the first time I'd taken my camera out of simple mode and actually adjusted any of the settings. As such as I was more focused on the settings than the composition of any of the photos. Feel free to C&C though.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 15, 2009
  2. Jeffro

Jeffro TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    the pics are all messed up! I can only see one. and if you want serious C&C only post 2 or 3 pictures and post what setting you used and what you were trying to do!

3. Sensayshun

Sensayshun TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Just trying to sort them out now, but my computer is crashing on me. :) And yeah I'll get rid of a few of the worse ones.

4. Sensayshun

Sensayshun TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Righty, all sorted now. My own comments are:

I was trying to get a relaxed shot, I think I should edit out some of the clutter in the background. Just the straggly plants.

Action shot, quite like this one. There was another dog in the back so I edited him out.

I'd just read about 'framing' so was trying to frame him. It didn't work that well because it's not a wide enough lens. So I didn't actually capture the trees making an archway. Also I'm not sure about the focus. The background seems too light compared to the dog, which is meant to be the main subject.

Think I should've gone for a lower angle here, as it looks just like a dog sat in a pond. It was a beautiful day and the water was running down his neck and I should've captured that a whole lot better than I did.

5. Kethaneni

Kethaneni TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Most of the pictures are over exposed (maybe it's just me). Did you try making changes to exposure (pre and post processing). Nice dog btw.