First timer.. be gentle with me ;)

ccseasider

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Although taken a couple of years ago it's still one of my favourites. A stormy August evening in Whitby, North Yorkshire, England.

whitby_sunset2.jpg

With good reason. It's wonderful. I'd love to have a shot like this. The light, the mist hugging the water and the hills are all great. And the pop of red in that flag. Great shot and welcome to the forums!

Thats a great Photo! Were did you take it from?

And whats that red flag for! Thats what we used to go swimming in when we were kids!:confused::lol: There's nothing like the sound of sea spray on your tent one and a half miles inland!:lol:

Thanks for the warm welcome & positive feedback, much appreciated.

For anyone knowing the town, the photo was taken from the east side, just past Fortune's Kipper House & overlooking the harbour. The camera used was my first digital, a Fuji FinePix 2800 zoom. The image quality with that little camera was superb, possibly better than the S602 I replaced it with.
Ironically, the red flag denotes dangerous weather conditions & forbidding swimming in the sea. Earlier that same day, a German tourist ignored the warnings & lost his life swimming off Sandsend.
Many thanks again everyone.

No need to ask people to be gentle with you when you post a photo this good.... Despite living in England for 6 years, I never made it to Yorkshire. It's an area I'd love to visit someday.

Thats a great photograph!!! you should be proud of it :D love the way how the red flag shows up on an almost silhouette ship!
and that mist rising from teh stormy sea is way cool!
well done ccseasider.. and welcome to tpf :D

Great shot. Very nice. Welcome to the forum.

Hey that's really well done. The light is stunning and the detail is crisp and clear. Love the mist rising up the seaside from those waves.
Welcome here.

Be gentle? That is a terrific picture, so powerfull and the light is great. If you have more like that please don't hesitate to post. Welcome to the forum.

Was thinking a little crop off the bottom may make the picture more outstanding.

So much power in that photograph. Like people said, how are we going to go easy with something so good? Excellent colours to. Have you got this photo printed and framed yet? And if not, why not?!?!

Welcome to the forum.

Most reactions

Back