first topic here

whitney

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
i've loved photography for a long time but i got my first good camera this past christmas, a nikon n75, and i've been loving it. these are a couple of my favorite pictures i've taken so far.

clarkestandingontreebw.jpg

my brother

FH000012_edited.jpg

the side of a tree i was sitting near

IMG019_edited.jpg

one of my good friends

twiginwater.jpg

a loose branch trailing in a creek near my dad's house

IMG009_edited.jpg

the soap dispenser in my kitchen

i haven't done a lot yet, but i'm still experimenting. :)

Welcome to the forum.

It looks like you really have a good eye for photography. I look forward to seeing more of your photos.

Hi Whitney, and welcome.
Isn't it fun to be photographing with a good camera? It's so much more enjoyable in the end, I say.
(Though we do get to see some very interesting photography with cheap equipment here on this very board, too! I don't mean to say anything against that!)

Of the photos that you are presenting us here, I like the one of you brother on the branch best! It has a very nice lighting to it.
In order to move him a little out of the centre of the picture, you could crop it from the right and the bottom, so he still has "room to look into" within the frame, you would only "lose" some of the big branch on the right and some of the water below his feet, would have moved him slightly to the right and could still maintain a "normal" photo frame (with the typical measurements), you see?

it's amazing to finally have a good camera. i borrowed my dad's old olympus SLR for a while, a couple years ago, and fell in love with it, so i'm really glad to finally have a good camera of my own.

the one of my brother is my favorite picture too - i took it in color and turned it black and white and was really happy with the way it turned out. i'll try cropping it like you said, thanks!

Welcome to the forums! :D
I like the first pic of your brother, it's a good shot.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work! :D

Most reactions

Back