first tries at black and white (56k warning)

Andrea K

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
here are some of my first tries at black and white. nothing really special just wanted to see what some of the color pictures i took today looked like in black and white, and i liked some so i thought i would share.

snow1.jpg

snow2.jpg

snow3.jpg

snow5.jpg

snow6.jpg

snow7.jpg

snow8.jpg

Nice work! I love the one of the car bumper. And I'm still jealous everyone is getting all this snow!

Andrea,

Great stuff. I tried to capture the snow blowing today like you did but I have nothing worth showing. Your shots do the scene justice.

Eric

i love the one with the birds, it reminds me of 1960's black and white french films (nouvelle vague) :)

roon

mad_malteaser said:
Nice work! I love the one of the car bumper. And I'm still jealous everyone is getting all this snow!

haha, we got like fifteen inches yesterday and early this morning, i think i've had enough snow for at least a week :mrgreen:

Love the texture of the snow in the bumper shot - it's so easy to blow that out - nice work.

Good pics Andrea,

the bird pic is a good focus. However, the frame looks a little noisey, what ISO did you shoot? Also, as I showed you while I was home, you can really see sensor dirt when you shoot a monochromatic sky. I am going to try and get that sensor cleaning kit, I think you should get one too. I also need to show you how to use neat image/noise ninja.

Also, can you take a picture of my BMW while you're off from school, the beasts are sleeping hehe. ;) Being away at college sucks, we have classes and 16" of snow on the ground... grrr

Most reactions

Back