First try at a logo...

brettmc

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I have not started a photo business, I may in the future, but who knows. In the mean time I decided to start a new project by trying my hand at making a logo using PSE 7. I think it could use some improvement, but I thought it came out decent. Any C&C you can give would be greatly appreciated.
finaloption1_edited-3.jpg

Bumpity bump bump, anyone have any help for me?

01 - Do you have the logo as a transparent file, because that's the first step. If it's transparent, you can put it on anything.

02 - The logo itself isn't going to work properly. You have to think from the fact that sometimes it needs to be scaled down for certain needs and 'MCNEIL PHOTOGRAPHS' font and size isn't going to cut it.

03 - A logo should be simple, so I would take out the 'MCNEIL PHOTOGRAPHS' text altogether. Sure you can play around with the type but with the current display, that needs to go. I don't like the effect on the big M and P.

Personally, I would design a new logo from scratch again, but try the opinions I gave you first. Check out awesome logo designs for reference - Top 10 Ranked logos

1) Yup still have the transparent, I just put the color and a little texture just for posting purposes.

2) I thought about the scale down problem after I posted it, I just really liked the font I guess.

Thanks for all of your help, I had not thought about really studying some of the logos that I run into everyday. I still have a lot to learn, fun project though. Anyone else have some tips?

Most reactions

Back