First try at baseball

MulesAFpilot

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well I had my first shot at shooting some baseball today. I was only out there for an hour (had to run some errands too). I just wanted to take a few shots and see what yall thought. The lighting was tough as there were clouds rolling through. Sometimes bright light, sometimes the overcast feeling. Any tips or critiques are always welcome.

Thanks

[Click for Larger]

I really like all of them, they're great sport shots. My only advice would be to use a wider aperture to blur the guys in the background.

I agree, the biggest problem here is that the backgrounds are distracting. Using a wider aperture (or a lens with a wider max aperture) would certainly help...but it would also help if you changed the angle from which you are shooting at. In the first one, this would be very easy...maybe not so much in the other ones with the dugout in the back....but see what you can do for next time.

Thanks for the critiques. Well the aperture, can't really do much about it. I was wide open on my lense. Now if anyone is offering a Canon 70 - 200 f/2.8 is for free, I'll take it. Problem solved.

As for the angle, that really is the best location for shooting at our stadium. Pretty much right on the field, no fans to deal with, etc.

Thanks for the critiques. Well the aperture, can't really do much about it. I was wide open on my lense. Now if anyone is offering a Canon 70 - 200 f/2.8 is for free, I'll take it. Problem solved.

As for the angle, that really is the best location for shooting at our stadium. Pretty much right on the field, no fans to deal with, etc.

lol , any way I think you did a great job at your first time out doing baseball never tried it ,but they look great. and if you have photochop you can blur out what you want with out having f-2.8 Indeed 2.8 is golden to have and well worth waiting for !

Great shots, but I really agree about the background, it's really drawing attention away from the subject.

You can replicate a wide aperture with photoshop if you have it, or any other image editing program.

Most reactions

Back