First try at car photography

Bad Andy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello,

The sun came out today, and I got my car washed (only 2 weeks old). Thought I would try to take some pics. Serious C&C requested on both the posing, and the post production.

1.)
Q5110.jpg

2.)
Q5071.jpg

3.)
Q5201.jpg

Tried to be artistic on the last one. Not sure I like it.

-Andy

I think they are great, especially for a first try. I'm totally unfamiliar with photographing cars, but I wish the car weren't quite as underexposed on shadow side.

wow good enough to be used in car commercials... are you sure you're not advertising for Audi?

3 is too soft for me.

Agree. Not sure I like the perspective of #1, which kind of makes the left front seem blocky (or boxy or whatever they call it regarding cars). Yet the backgrounds were apparently perfect for your picture-taking. Is there some kind of special order form to get that? :)

The last image is very awesome, it is the same quality made by TV ad`s photographers. COngratz, and you have a nice car. :D

First shot is sick! I like it second one looks good, and as for the third I like the pic, just not how soft it is or the lighting! Good Job!!

Wow that guy shoots some legit as **** photos! I like his style! :thumbup:
Thanks, I guess :D
He puts a LOT of work into his stuff - starting from "what will I shoot today?" to shooting to post processing.

I think they are a little underexposed but pretty cool shots! Keep it up and you will learn more each time you try!

That website that was posted was pretty cool!

Great shots! Some observations:
#1: You could perhaps have used the background better; you were in a great place to take this photo. A little change in perspective and composition will have helped
#2: i see a halo around the edges of the car - not sure what you did in PP, but this stands out
#3: awesome! Though, i personally do not like the angle on the shot

Overall, very nice photography! :thumbup:

Love #1! Definitely the best out of the bunch, though I think if you had changed your position slightly, you could have had an even better shot! Keep shooting!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back