First try at PP - too dark still?

florenceinitaly

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all,

Since getting my dSLR, this is the first time I try to make a picture better through PP using the RAW file - any thoughts? A friend of mine said the cherries still looked too dark, but I'm not sure i can make them look any brighter without having it look over saturated.

1) Original

4293225956_8c77b59ac4.jpg

2) Edited

4293225936_11aefc45b7.jpg

I was afraid the picture would start looking over processed if I try any harder - thoughts?

Did you also add the vignetting? They're still a little dark, but much better. I find the vignetting much too heavy and distracting. In the future, you could spot-meter on the cherries for a better outcome.

yes the vignetting was added in PP, I've never used that before and it looked cool to me so I might have turned it up a notch too high LOL - but you're right it does lead to a bit of distraction.

I also tried to use a healing brush on the blurred black stuff in the background from the original - the traces of it still looks really obvious to me, and I don't know how to remove that seamlessly.

same here, lessen the vignetting and I think it will look better :D

Thanks, I lessened the vignetting, better?

4293310466_323e04a968.jpg

Any other notes?

Looks good, but I think it'll look better if both branch of cherries were in focus. The back one seems a bit out of focus.

Otherwise, good PP.

Thanks - I also thought if I had composed the pictures with the two branches of berries distinctly apart from one another (rather than having a slight over lap in the middle) it might look less cluttered?

Can't fix that in PP though!

Most reactions

Back