Reaction score
Website
www.joshjonesphoto.com
Didn't come out too bad with my sigma 70-300

let me know what you think!!

dsc00375ch.jpg

dsc00469jr.jpg

dsc00459li.jpg

Wow! I love these. I really like the blue tint on the first two, was that intentional?

:pale: :shock:

How come you get such great results, pin-sharp and all, with the Sigma 70-300mm, when my results ALWAYS stay this poor?
(cf: http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42277)
Mine's called Sigma DL Macro Super 70-300mm 1:4-5.6
And the camera was on a tripod, too!

very nice! i tried some of these myself lately... needless to say they didn't come out this good! excellent work :thumbup::thumbup:

Good shots!

#3 is the best. Maybe needed about 1.5-2 stops less exposure but you can still make out the crater Tyco quite clearly. (The one bottom right with the radial ridges leading from it)

LaFoto, the Moon is always difficult to shoot. As well as it being a light source like someone shining a light bulb at you camera, the clarity and sharpness of the image is greatly affected by atmospheric conditions and air currents.

It's just a case of keep trying until you get a good image or take 100+ shots & stack them all together!:confused:

yea cool shots...they came out real well. I'll have to give it a go sometime......the sky is hardly ever that clear in England tho! :thumbup:

Indeed, the third one loks most natural. Great shots all three!
I want to take shots like these, too! :)

I'm not trying to burst your bubble, or be like the only "negative feedbacker", but I did this a couple months ago with a cheap 70-300mm, and this is what I got...
moonbah.jpg

...not much different than yours, and it was a basic point and shoot shot.

skiboarder72 said:
thanks guys, the first few had a incandesant white balance so thats why they were blueish

do you have the APO version LaFoto?

btw these photos were all hand held ;)

That was a great shot! i'm so envy of photographer who manage to get a picture of the moon. I've been trying hard to take it but alas i still failed. but never mind, i will try it again since i saw your pic!

Your pic just boost my confidence... :mrgreen:

Most reactions

Back