First try at some outdoor/nature shots C&C me!

clbd39

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well I've been intrigued recently by some shots/paintings that I've seen in art galleries and I decided I'd give it a try and have some fun

yes some are "out of focus" and I am pleased with what I ended up seeing, but what do YOU think lol, i'm sure some will think they're absolute crap, but it was fun nonetheless :)

Basically I wanted to get away from just taking pictures of my car and snapshots and try and do something out of my comfort zone

SplitTree.jpg

DSC_0036.jpg

3a.
DSC_0002_v2.jpg

3b.
DSC_0002.jpg

First series of images is ok-ish, but the rest are waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too blury. You should try and use the macro more often, because it doesn't seem you used it here.

First series of images is ok-ish, but the rest are waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too blury. You should try and use the macro more often, because it doesn't seem you used it here.

lol, I wasn't going for the "focused" shot ;)

more of a wave of color with flow, think of an oil painting or water color painting but in digital photography maybe?

I dont think the blurry look will work, if there was a main focal point that was in focus and it faded away that might work, but it would have to be an interesting subject in focus, not just a pine needle or part of the twig. First thought would be if there was a couple pine cones that could be focused on.

The first set is pretty good, i like them the best. The second one is too blurry, i wonder how it would be if not blurred, the blue background looks promising. The third set is decent, but once again, would have looked better if it was not blurry.

lol, I wasn't going for the "focused" shot ;)

more of a wave of color with flow, think of an oil painting or water color painting but in digital photography maybe?

Ah I understand, well then, if that's what you wanted to make, you did a good job at it :)

KmH that's crazy!

Well, I've always tried taking pictures of things in focus, so I thought I'd give a try at doing the opposite for the sheer fact of colors :)

It seems like i'm always playing the "Bokeh" game, which i love with my 80-200 f/2.8 but just something different this time

Most reactions

Back