First try in Lightroom

Rambojonil303

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
IMG_4347.JPG
okay , just played with this a bit. still learning and to me its blurry . Noticed that the flash was on the Apple. Is There a way to that that out ? You're more than welcome to edit

Yes, although I'm not familiar with Lightroom, there might be more than one method. In Aperture, I would use the "clone" tool, but I'm not very good at it, and usually end up messing it up badly. As I have discovered, it seems to get better results if you zoom way in, like 200% or so, then do pixel-by-pixel.

The spot removal tool on the healing option should work but keep an eye out for obvious dublication of features

Play with the spot healing brush. You'll find that just below the histogram at the top in the "Develop" module (it's the icon of a circle with an arrow pointing right).

Note that you can put this in either "clone" mode or "heal" mode.

But especially note that you can set the "feather" and "opacity" amount.

Opacity lets you configure how solid or transparent the adjustment will be. For example, if I remove wrinkles from skin, I prefer to dial the opacity down a bit (to make it semi-transparent) and this has the effect to diminishing the effect of a wrinkle without completely removing it. I find that completely removing it creates a fake look. But diminishing the intensity results in a realistic look that just makes the subject look a bit younger -- but not plastic.

Similarly the "feather" allows you to control whether your healing circle has a hard edge to that circle... or whether it should gently blend the edges into the background. You typically will want to feather your healing brush ... adjust to taste.

Most reactions

Back