first try on computer project

jenny6165

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
hey guys, just need a few ideas really.
as part of one of our projects on my photography course we are also using computers.

here's the brief for my project...

advertising uses digital manipulation extensively. it enables the advertiser to create a perfect world or make the impossible possible by combining a number of beautiful images together to produce one idyllic picture. using found images from a number of sources produce a surreal landscape.

look at the following artists for inspiration .. toname a few ... Rene Magritte,Paul Nash, salvador dali, jean miro etc etc.

anyway, this is what ive come up with as a starting point, not great but i like the concept

testpiece2.jpg

The concept is great! I have a few comments:

1) The sun is over bearing and distraction IMO. It steals from the rest of the image.
2) If you could make the water seem to be washing up on the kids feet,it would be an awesome touch! I really like how his feet seem todisapear into the water currently.
3) To get picky, the image in the mirror isn't exactly mirrored... :)

I would love to see the final product.

I like the background and the foreground the colors really draw you in. One of the things would be the edges around the mirror and the boy are really visible as a cut out job. The only other thing is that alot of these artists presented offer a more complex subject for viewing. The image looks empty with just the boy. If your going for that then its okay.

The idea is good though with the mirror and boy in the water.

oh maybe i shud have explained the image.
i have also noticed that i havent quite paid attention to detail when putting the images together.

anyway, the image in the mirror isnt meant to be reflected, its meant to be him looking in the mirror and seeing his back. oh and also the reflection is meant to be going 'through' the mirror rather than just bouncing back. and his feet in the water meant to be that the ocean is really shallow like on the beach rather than really deep. and then the mirror is meant to be ghostly disappearing into the ocean.

any more ideas would be nice, thanks for ur replies :D

how bout showing an entirely different image in the mirror? his future perhaps? or you?
just an idea.:D

I've read the project brief a few times and I can't decide if it is asking for just a surreal landscape or if it wants an advertising element in there as well??

Apart from that I love the concept of your landscape. The colours are beautiful but some of the finer details still need refining. I like Conch's idea of a different image in the mirror (an older version of the kid maybe).

Make sure you repost your final version of this. You will get valuable feedback and I'm sure there are few people who would love to see the finished product.

Nice work so far.

Honestly, I don't really like the concept. Sorry. But maybe because I think its missings something. If its for advertising, maybe a key slogan would pull it all together.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back