First try with new toy!

Crazydad

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Finally got a 70-300mmVR and this is first try at a soccer game. Let me know what you think.

1. Beautiful goal!
2896607124_475c41a814_b.jpg

2. Let's dance
2896607764_cace38cafd_b.jpg

3. Bring it!
2895767351_3f815243a2_b.jpg

4. Not in my box!
2895767839_b9c3490676_b.jpg

Thanks for looking!

#3 is awesome on so many levels.

Very nice! Don't be afraid to open up the aperture a touch to add a little more bokeh, if your lens can handle it.

#3 is awesome on so many levels.

Thanks!

Very nice! Don't be afraid to open up the aperture a touch to add a little more bokeh, if your lens can handle it.

Thanks for the suggestion. I did have it almost wide open (f/5.6 at 270mm). Will try a faster shutter speed next time.

God I hate that word.
"bokeh"
Makes me twitch.
It's almost worse than "Information Superhighway" or "Intranet".

Nice shots though. :) That's a slick lens.

Great action photos. You're almost ready for the NFL....;)

I know it's hard in multi-field situations where there is other action taking place, but try to place yorself where there are less distractions in the background.

Nice shots though. :) That's a slick lens.

Thanks! I love the lens, I can't wait to figure it out what it is really capable of.

Great action photos. You're almost ready for the NFL....;)

I know it's hard in multi-field situations where there is other action taking place, but try to place yorself where there are less distractions in the background.

Don't know about the NFL thing, but thank you. I tried to find better place, but it doesn't exist on the field we were on. Hopefully we will be on one of the outside fields next weekend.

i really like these pictures. they make me wish i had a kid that played soccer.

great job capturing the action!

i really like these pictures. they make me wish i had a kid that played soccer.

great job capturing the action!

Thank you. It is a lot of fun (as well as a lot of time and money) and it gave me the reason (that the wife bought into) to get the new lens. ;)

Most reactions

Back