First two Photo shoots I have done.

ajohnson15

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
flashphotography15.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Would Love any and all Feedback. Thank you. Shot with Canon Rebel t3. Elinchrom D-lite 4 Kit
$Tatiana_J_018.jpg$Tatiana_J_021.jpg$PS_Five_50_065_1.jpg$PS_Five_50_025_1.jpg$PS_Five_50_016_1.jpg$PS_Five_50_012_1.jpg$Tatiana_J_046.jpg$Tatiana_J_049.jpg

#1 Nice pose and framing, but we are losing definition in the shadows. A back light would help with that.
#2 Not too crazy about the pose, but there is definition along her face because of the dark background.
#3 Very good, including your choice of horizontal format with this pose.
#4 In this shot, your model's pose is very good, but the frame seems forced to the right, giving your subject less "space" for his face.
#5 The frame is better here, but your model's pose does him no favors. He is turned too far sideways.
#6 Pose is good, and makes the dark glasses o.k.
#7 Her posture is good, but I wish you would have asked her to look sideways at the camera. Framing and lighting are good.
#8 Pose not great, and the shadows on her left side are too much.

You seem to be trying to use only one light, but perhaps a reflector opposite the flash would have given just a little bit more light on the left sides of the models.

Excellent points! ^^ The only thing I will add is that if you're going to have the subject wearing reflective eyewear, then you need to adjust the position of your lights. We shouldn't be seeing the reflection of your SB in the lenses.

^yeah that.

2 things to add- if she's not pregnant I'd give #7 a higher crop,

For the black background- if you use a more shallow depth of field (larger aperture) and move the black back from your subject further you won't see the wrinkles and it may appear darker.

Overall good work though.

Last edited:
I just wanted to mention the softbox reflection too.
It was the first thing I noticed.

The last one bugs me because the light is almost too far behind her so the shadows really stick out.

Row 1, #2 & Row 3 #1: Be mindful of having the eyeball on the edge. This is not a prefered look. Either have have her turn to the right to create a profile look or to the left for a 2/3's look.

Row 2: With strategic placement of your lights, you can avoid having your modifiers reflect in the sunglasses. EXAMPLE

Nice looking models. Thanks for sharing.

EDIT:
Sometimes you DO want that bit of panache, and that is okay too. Just be mindful of the effect.

EXAMPLE #2

Last edited:
First thank you for all you criticism. I appreciate it. In my defense I wasn't in the largest room when I did the shoots. Also I need to work on properly posing models. I'm very knew to this so I'm not very confident when it comes to fixing poses. And I did use a second light, but in some pictures it mad the shots way to bright. I currently don't own a light meter. So I have to adjust the aperture & and lights settings according to eye.

Most reactions

Back