Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
New to photography and photo editing, any tips would be appreciated

4736398035_b2cd21f36a_b.jpg

4737035142_1f9e410b6b_b.jpg

4736398697_56f1b95492_b.jpg

4736399053_f29cfac41a_b.jpg

4736399263_bc1d4d0e05_b.jpg

I feel like number three should be zoomed in a bit more and possibly black/white.
Number two could have been a nicer shot if the dog was standing still.
Number four is cool, maybe crop the top and bottom a little.

Overall, nice first two weeks keep it up.

You have tremendous potential I think, your eye for good subject matter seems to be there - that's a hard part to get I think, maybe the hardest.

Work on not always centering your subjects. Also the car might look better from a lower angle. I like to sit on the ground when shooting cars.

Keep it up!

You have tremendous potential I think, your eye for good subject matter seems to be there - that's a hard part to get I think, maybe the hardest.

Work on not always centering your subjects. Also the car might look better from a lower angle. I like to sit on the ground when shooting cars.

Keep it up!

Thank you!
I had another shot of the car at a lower angle, so I copied the adjustments over to it and cropped it a bit. Better?
4737124789_ac63363978_b.jpg

My brother's car btw, '63 Mercury Comet. I'm going to get some better pictures with it cleaned up and the top down soon. Gonna try a driving shot as well.

your photos are really good, thou i edited your 3rd photo (it said your photos were ok to edit), i don't know if its better or not, but maybe it can give you some ideas(?)

473639869756f1b95492b.jpg

Thank you!
I had another shot of the car at a lower angle, so I copied the adjustments over to it and cropped it a bit. Better?

Yes, better. I like that car as well.. sweet ride.

I also edited the same photo as above, but I kept it color and tired to brighten the subject. Consider using flash when the background is super bright. You can then adjust your aperture and flash power/compensation for the subject, and change the shutter speed to control the ambient light or background light.

McAyw.jpg

You are doing okay for the early going. Your photos seem to have good color for the most part, except where the lighting is high in contrast, like the man against the window, and the new mom with grandma's little doll on her lap--in those, you've allowed the highlights to burn out--but, you've managed to keep the lower values looking good, so, that's a plus.
I think you do as reznap stated, have a good eye for subject matter. Your photos have a sort of old-fashioned thematic directness...kind of a hard quality to describe...snapshotty, but yet, more like from the olden days of photography where the camera was "brought out" to make a pho-to-graph, as opposed to today, where somebody whips out a cell phone, snaps a shot, and then checks their text messages...

Thanks for all the input and compliments, I'll start paying more attention to lighting and start using my flash.

#2 would look better if the dog wasn't centered. try having the subject either to the left or right. better on the eyes.

I'm looking to get started myself.

I like the shot of the Comet, the second one.. has a classic approach to it as well. New mom one is cool as well, the two edit's gave a clue that you got a great shot but maybe some attention to detail would improve it.

I'm in St. Louis as well, I work in South County but live in Fairview Heights.. if you don't mind my asking, what camera do you use?

Thanks.

I'm looking to get started myself.

I like the shot of the Comet, the second one.. has a classic approach to it as well. New mom one is cool as well, the two edit's gave a clue that you got a great shot but maybe some attention to detail would improve it.

I'm in St. Louis as well, I work in South County but live in Fairview Heights.. if you don't mind my asking, what camera do you use?

Thanks.

Thanks, I live in the o'fallon, mo area but work in north county. I put my camera info in my sig...

One more thing, its not important but I found it slightly funny. The picture everyone has titled "new mom" is actually my little cousin holding my niece. We have to make her hold the baby lol.

Here is a quick 2 minute B&W version of the car that I did....I think the B&W helps to focus the eyes on the car rather then the bright yellow paint on the pole and concrete. The B&W also brings out the grain in the weathered wooded fence in the background.

Here is a quick 2 minute B&W version of the car that I did....I think the B&W helps to focus the eyes on the car rather then the bright yellow paint on the pole and concrete. The B&W also brings out the grain in the weathered wooded fence in the background.

:thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back