first wedding, critique away....

pdxphoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am too lazy to upload more right now...it's 100 degrees at 11 here in the great pacific NW.... UGH!
_MG_4335.jpg
_MG_4399.jpg

samandem.jpg

#1- I am not sure if I like the composition or the B&W.

#2- The focus appears soft to me. Are they jumping or on their tiptoes? They look half-happy and half-awkward. The angle of the photo and the wall behind them is distracting.

Is she pregnant? It looks like it in this picture.

#3- It was a good idea, but I think a wider angle would have been better so you could see more of them. Also having the bouquet lower so you can see their faces. The top fern going straight up into his head is distracting.

#2- The focus appears soft to me. Are they jumping or on their tiptoes? They look half-happy and half-awkward. The angle of the photo and the wall behind them is distracting.

#3- It was a good idea, but I think a wider angle would have been better so you could see more of them. Also having the bouquet lower so you can see their faces. The top fern going straight up into his head is distracting.

I agree with all these comments. You got some good shots though :)

#2 They need a bit of fill light in their faces
#3 I am bad about it too but you cut the flowers off and I would have liked to see a little more of her arm leading into the flowers. Josh is right a wider angle would have worked better.
#1 is my favorite.
Don't get me wrong I do like them

#1 This photo is about the flowers but this is not the best angle to shoot those from as it shows mostly the back of the background greenery. I also don't see the point of B&W here as it takes away the beautiful colors of the flowers. Maybe a selective coloring effect from a different angle would work.

#2 I don't see the half awkwardness that Josh sees but I agree with him that it makes you wonder a bit if she is pregnant. I also agree that you can't really tell what's going on since you can't see their feet: jumping or on tiptoes. Don't like the tilt or the wall much and it also looks like maybe you tried to edit some power cables in the top right corner. If this is the best setting you had access to at this wedding, I think I would have had them laying down in the flowers. A couple of beach towels folded in thirds lengthwise are easy enough to hide underneath them and will keep their clothes clean.

#3 would have been nice if the flowers were lower in the frame so as to show more of the B&G. Low enough that are cropped similarly at left and bottom edge.

I like the lighting in 3 but the other 2 could have used an adjustment to not blow the light areas.

Not bad for a first wedding. Keep shooting and be your very own worst critic, and you'll learn.

i think most has been said for 2, but yeah, i agree number 3, the flowers could have been lower so there's more of the background (couple).

number 1, i think there's a lot of potential for this shot. perhaps more contrast would help but also maybe the angle is just too cropped. if the flowers are meant to be the subject... well, i dunno, they look kinda funny in this shot as well...!

I like the bg in pic 2, I see what you were trying to do, does look a bit ackward. After reading members comments, you got some good feedback (sweet).:D

x2

Most reactions

New Topics

Back