First Wedding HELP!

To the op:

Get a better Nikon.

I am not saying the D3000 sucks, theres just so many better options!

Plus, you need backup gear. So your D3000 can be your backup.

I agree to the get a backup camera. But disagree with the get a better Nikon. Its not top of the line but with a flash and a decent lens you can get great results.

You have to start somewhere and if you are pretty confident in yourself and know your camera pretty well than I say go for it. I think you need to at least rent 16 to 20 gb of memory (shoot in raw) , flash, rent a 24-70 f/2.8, and 70-200 f/2.8, or a couple of primes 35 f/1.4, 50/1.4/, and 135 f/2.0, 2nd camera body , at least 2 batteries, comfortable camera bag, tripod, nice pair of shoes. Go to where the wedding is before it happens and at the same time the ceremony is so you can test run your exposures and get some ideas of where to shoot from. Bring someone as a test subject. Have a checklist of the shots wanted and the ones you dont want to miss ie:first kiss , parents, rings etc...etc...! Once you have the shots make sure you have at least 3 backups...cd , harddrive , and memory cards. Its a ton of work and I have a great respect for wedding photographers and totally understand why they are so expensive. Good Luck and have fun.

Most reactions

Back