First wedding ~ Nick & Nicole

bellacat

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.wildroseportraitphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This weekend I shot my very first wedding. Even though I was extremely nervous I had such a great time. I would love some feed back. please be brutally honest good, bad or other wise. I know these are not any where near the high quailty of the many super talented photographers here but this was my first wedding and i would love to hear what you all have to say.

thanks for looking

Pre-wedding:

1)
2900759809_8ae087011c.jpg

2) she was resting while we waited for the wedding to begin.
2900759603_8e883b3c3c.jpg

The wedding:

3)
2900759249_1b3cff147d.jpg

4) The first kiss (not great but would love to know what i could do next time to get a better first kiss shot)
2901602642_2d2411b9d0.jpg

5) Newly Married (the color looks so bad to me but i am not sure how to fix it)
2901602094_cb812417fd.jpg

6)
2900757015_aa2069530b.jpg

7)
2901601504_2db4ecfbc3.jpg

8)
2900759007_1354652b9e.jpg

9)
2900756493_b3b462e946.jpg

The Rings

10) Rings in the brides bouquette
2901600936_8601675df2.jpg

11) On the bottom of a wine glass
2900756365_9066151b2e.jpg

These are very nice! The only one I'm not wild about it #9. It looks very blown on my screen and a little blurry. I think #1 is my favorite. Great job! I wouldn't have guessed this was your first one.

It looks like you did a great job, well done.

#4 (the kiss) isn't great. Firstly, the bits of sun on her head make it really tricky, not much you can do about that. Also, his shirt and leaf boa are distracting and in the way, again that's their choice, not much you can do...but perhaps you could have found a better angle to shoot from.

I don't mind the highkey thing you have going on in #9, but the blurriness does bother me.

Nice work. Like them all but 2 and 9. I also prefer the 2nd ring shot to the first.
thanks that second shot is my favorite by far too
These are very nice! The only one I'm not wild about it #9. It looks very blown on my screen and a little blurry. I think #1 is my favorite. Great job! I wouldn't have guessed this was your first one.
thanks so much. ya for some reason number 9 is looking blury but its not. hum.
It looks like you did a great job, well done.

#4 (the kiss) isn't great. Firstly, the bits of sun on her head make it really tricky, not much you can do about that. Also, his shirt and leaf boa are distracting and in the way, again that's their choice, not much you can do...but perhaps you could have found a better angle to shoot from.

I don't mind the highkey thing you have going on in #9, but the blurriness does bother me.
thanks Mike. that means a lot coming from you :)

the kiss shot was so hard for me. the whole wedding i wanted to tell her to move a step over so i could get the sun off her face. grr i wanted to all angles to see if any was better but nope. :(

the kiss shot was so hard for me. the whole wedding i wanted to tell her to move a step over so i could get the sun off her face. grr i wanted to all angles to see if any was better but nope.
A trick you can do, is to recreate the moment after the ceremony is over. You can put them in the same place, but move them around to where the light is better. This can be a good way to get those close up detail shots without interrupting the ceremony. Of course, this will depend on the location, the schedule for the day and stuff like that.

I like #1, real classic feel.

I'll tell you what I'm thinking

1) Decent shot but I'm not sure if I like the angle or not.

2) Too centered for me. I wouldn't have included this one on a print out of pictures, maybe on the CD, but not prints. Also, the White balance looks a little off - a little red

3) Still too centered but I like the composition. I would have moved their hands to the bottom 1/3 of the frame and done something with her other hand on his left arm.

4) I'm sure it wasn't the first :) Looks like you had the focus point set to the bottom left. I would definately watch that and also. GET HIGHER! This vantage point is too low for this kind of shot. Even carrying around a step ladder can help, it looks weird, but if it gets the shot, who cares. I absolutely, positively do NOT like the pattern on her hair. I notice there was a covering that would have done that, and, I guess you can't really tell them to move after it's said "You may now kiss the bride" but there is always the option to shoot this again. Even though you're trying to focus on the subject you're shooting, ALWAYS pay attention to whats going on. The lighting. Just make sure to get higher :)

5) There are some things you just can't control. In this case, the boy on the right, and the woman behind and between the couple (what's that face for anywho?) For something like this in the future, you could have moved to the left to block the woman (she would have essentially been behind the bride) and then turned the camera to the left about 30 degrees to cut out the boy a little bit.

6) Not one of my favorites. That nose ring is VERY distracting. I would have Photoshopped that out.

7) Nice composition wise but another white balance issue. The skin tone is way off on the bride and she looks in an uncomfortable position - an almost forced position.

8) Looks like it was shot with natural light so that might explain the highlights in the veil. If you have a flash, try some fill in flash next time to work out the highlights.

9) I hope you didnt give this to them. No offense. Her head is too cut off and it either is blurry or you did some filters.....

10 & 11) I like 11 better because you can see the rings better. The colors in 10 are nice, but they (the rings) get swallowed up and look smaller inside the flower.

Hope that helps to make it better. Overall, nice shots, just work on repositioning, white balance, and exposure.

~Michael~

i like these a lot. one thing though, next time have the bride hold her flowers lower. cover the tummy not the chest.

These look great. I'm not a fan of the head between the bride and groom on #5.

Most reactions

Back