First wedding photo

jvillaire

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I recently took photos for my first wedding. I was messing around with this photo please let me know what you think! Be Honest it will only help me get better!
final.jpg

Not wild about the selective coloring. I think for a wedding picture, drawing attention to the boob tattoo is not a good thing, also is that the real color of her eyes? I really dont like the eyes, would be ok if toned down, if you see my Avatar picture, might be too small to notice, my eye color is not intense, but you can see the color. Also you cannot see the eye color in the reflection.

Personally I think the whole picture should be black and white or all color(i do like the eyes being in color like you did though), with the tattoo being in color it really distracts me from the bride which should really be the center of attention in the photo. Im no pro but just my input.

Yep, sorry the selective colouring tattoo doesn't work, especially since you can only see half of it.

Thanks for the input! Her eyes are blue but when I was using my actions they turned to a green/yellowish color which I sort of liked. When I was working with the picture I thought doing selective color would be neet to pop out the coloring, however I wasnt thinking about the fact it makes you look at her chest more then her. I will re-edit the photo to all black and white and repost. Thank you so much!

I know this may not be a options.. and the tattoo is part of who she is.. But I think it would look so much better with the whole tattoo out of the picture-- leaving the eyes the way they are..

ETA- I have a tattoo but didn't want anyone to see it my wedding day.

Last edited:
2nd looks alot better, I agree about removing the tattoo, maybe not for her prints, but if you were to use it in a portfolio I might remove it.

The pose is unflattering for a person her size and the fact it's duplicated in a mirror really accentuates that fact. I think the diffused glow is pushed a bit too far, completely blowing out details.

I agree that the angles are unflattering for a girl of her size.. such a pretty face she has and then I feel like the angle just expands her. I admit I do like the selective coloring at times but I can't agree with choosing to do her boob tattoo in color. I think brides should look angelic on their wedding day.. and that boob tattoo is not precious in my opinion. I purposely didn't go and get a bunch of tattoos like I wanted because I said to myself that I wouldn't risk having something like that showing on my wedding day, its just not classy to me. Also, I really like the whole skin softening thing, but I feel like its a little overboard to where the details in her face that shape her nose and all are just washed out by the softening.

I know this may not be a options.. and the tattoo is part of who she is.. But I think it would look so much better with the whole tattoo out of the picture-- leaving the eyes the way they are..

ETA- I have a tattoo but didn't want anyone to see it my wedding day.

+1 :)

I also think the mirror image of the bride is not a flattering angle. I think the shot would be better without the mirror.
I am not sure which version of the tattoo I like best though. I see merits in both.
I think I would try to make her eyes her actual color even after enhancing the rest of the image.

Maybe it's just an optical illusion, but the expression on her face does not seem to match the expression on her reflection. Not sure why that bothers me - it's like an itch I can't scratch.

Most reactions

Back