First Wedding shooting

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by nightangel73, Apr 6, 2010.

1. nightangel73

nightangel73 TPF Noob!

Well this gal happened to hire me for shooting her wedding. She couldn't afford a professional so she was more than happy to hire me for $200 bucks hehe. I didn't had any equipment other than my E-30 with a FL-36 Flash so here it goes, I would like to read critics. The place was dark which made matter worse.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I would like to know in simple non technical words what equipment do I need to illuminate a place with low light.

2. nightangel73

nightangel73 TPF Noob!

I guess the pics are not good since nobody is saying anything about them..

3. vtf

vtf No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    You've got to let us roll out of bed first, lol. Overall I like the softness of the photos and the composition. The person in back ground on the right in photo 4 kinda distracts me some what, but overall I like them. I am new to this so I'm sure others will be able to identify more detailed issues but to me, good job.

4. Mulewings~

Mulewings~ TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I'm horrible at critiquing, but love to read about it so I can better myself.

Weddings are tough in any circumstances.

5. Johnboy2978

Johnboy2978 No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    I guess for me, they're really just slightly above average snapshots to be honest. I would assume that you are probably putting your best pics out here for critique, or are they all pretty similar in quality?

#1, I would've shot a split second before their lips touched. They're a little mushed.
    #2 you amputated some digits and the focus is off.
    #3 take 2 giant steps backwards or backoff on the focal length
    #4 could've used just a tad more light to separate her hair from the background
    #5 meh, it's a shot of the invitation

"I would like to know in simple non technical words what equipment do I need to illuminate a place with low light. "

Use flash or have a longer exposure to allow more light to hit the sensor or film. That's about it.

6. nightangel73

nightangel73 TPF Noob!

Thank you guys. I have to say that I didn't expected to be so tired afterwards. It is really work hehe