First Wedding, their guy didnt show, had to work with what i had! cc please

Wizzard005

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Aloha all,

As some of you know i am very new to all of this. I used to have a Sony A100 i loved it so much, so i get their new A350 and now i seem to be learning things all over again :)

Anyways, let me know what you all think:

Their Guy didn't show up, so i had to come up with my own shots with no planning..

309149470_tA7bz-L.jpg

Mother Daughter
309148348_YBEt3-L.jpg

309156772_6cASu-L.jpg

309159528_ExtvW-L.jpg

309161933_7pjSp-L.jpg

309163194_mWmKX-L.jpg

309163436_VY7zj-L.jpg

309163566_oL5SY-L.jpg

Not bad!
One thing I did note is that you are leaving too much room at the top and cutting them off. Just fill the frame, it is easier to add more sky to a shot if you need to, adding legs on the other hand are a bit harder.

In addition to SpeedTrap's comment, I'll add that there's a couple that need to be levelled, and several which have excessive DoF, however, that's all relativley minor given the conditions. Good job!

Agreed with above. I think there's lots you can do to beef the images up, too. Would you mind if I posted some edits up?

Agreed with above. I think there's lots you can do to beef the images up, too. Would you mind if I posted some edits up?

sure would love to see you guys take. I am learning only from what i have seen :)

OK, so I'll post my edits... Let me know if you would like me to remove them!
I know people on the forum are of many opinions when it comes to PP. Some people don't like taking a photograph and editing it after the fact, and I'm just showing an option. I think that, especially considering the circumstances, these are viable ideas, and that it is about creaating the best possible end product using all means available. Anyways, I just wanted to get that out so I don't get bombarded by the more conservative photographers on here :)

Okey-dokey...

For this, I tried to create a PP, faux depth of field. I selected the appropriate areas, and then used the blur > lens blur tool. I adjusted the curves and did some spot dodge and burning. I also desaturated the red thing on the lower left corner...
Untitled-1-1.jpg

Same thing here...
Untitled-2.jpg

Curves, and straightened the horizon...
Untitled-3.jpg

Hope I gave you some ideas...

Oh! Another thing to keep in mind, which I didn't do a very good job of, is to keep them uniform. As in, the skin tones should be the same and so on...

very nice, i just wish i knew how to use Photoshop to do simple touch ups... I would take a class in school for this, but there i live they dont offer anything like that

What i am wondering, when taking pictures at weddings, what lens is a good one to use? or is it a good idea to bring two?

I believe these pictures were the stock lens at the time, i just got myself a good 50mm lens and i cant believe how sharp things are now compaired to the stock lens.

I have a 18 - 200mm coming...

photoshop isnt that hard to learn! there are LOADS of free tutorials online that you can follow! also, you can learn by just trying out stuff and seeing what it does for the simper tools. i learn most of the programs i use that way. :)

I love her pink dress. Using photoshop would definatly beef things up!

I messed around with three pictures, used the blur tool on all, some dodging and burning. Added frames but for some reason they got messed up. Tighter Crops, contrast adjusted and some deepening done. I personally like it a little better but its all personal choice.

309156772_6cASu-L.jpg

309161933_7pjSp-L.jpg

309163194_mWmKX-L.jpg

Most reactions

Back