First wedding video!

DoctorDino

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I helped film my first wedding video a few weeks ago... tell me what you guys think :)

Specifically, I filmed the shots from 0:45-0:49, 0:58-1:00, 1:03-1:04, 1:30-1:34, 1:37-1:41, THE KISS at 1:43-1:46, 2:21-2:22, 2:26-2:28, 2:26-2:36, 2:37-2:38, 2:45-2:50, and 2:59-3:01

So I'm proud to say that the family I'm working with used like 45 seconds of my footage in a 3:00 video :p I guess that's pretty good considering I had about 4 hours of cinematography experience up to that point, right? lol

Way too long to hold my attention, but I'm sure they will love it!

Nice. Why did they have such a hard time trying to cut the cake?

It looks like such a beautiful day!

I have to say though, I believe your sequencing is way off. I would think that you are telling me a story. In this story, we see the bride get dressed. Then we see pictures of her with the groom, leaving the church. Then the groom gets dressed. Wait, wasn't he already in a tux? Then we see the lovely cake! We watch them eat it.....suddenly the cake makes a final appearance whole again. These are only a few examples of corse, but I really think it would be a MUCH stronger video if the order made more sense.

It looks like such a beautiful day!

I have to say though, I believe your sequencing is way off. I would think that you are telling me a story. In this story, we see the bride get dressed. Then we see pictures of her with the groom, leaving the church. Then the groom gets dressed. Wait, wasn't he already in a tux? Then we see the lovely cake! We watch them eat it.....suddenly the cake makes a final appearance whole again. These are only a few examples of corse, but I really think it would be a MUCH stronger video if the order made more sense.

Thanks for the input, but I didn't edit the video. Just helped film it.

With the family I'm working for, their videos are generally set up like this. I don't really know why they're not placing the events in chronological order. The boy who edits the videos served as an intern for a company in St Louis that has won numerous "Best Wedding Video" awards, and they taught him everything he knows. They don't put their videos in chronological order either.

They're easily the most successful wedding photographers in the Illinois/Indiana/Kentucky tri-state area, so whatever they're doing works I guess.

Nice. Why did they have such a hard time trying to cut the cake?

I don't really know, but it took them a ridiculously long time to cut it. Perhaps it was an ice cream cake :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back