First wedding...$?

I love them all. the first especially!

Shame she doesn't smile more though.

Oh she does!

weddingiiipics4vf9.jpg

This is my favorite accessory shot from the wedding.

weddingiiipics2ek6.jpg

Thanks!
Mike

Well folks, I am reporting back. I have shot 4 weddings now and I truly love it! I have another wedding this Saturday and I booked my first solo wedding for mid May. I am charging $650 and that includes 100+/- 4x6 prints and my time for the day of the wedding and all of my PP time.

I should probably have about 10-14 weddings shot by the time I take my first job. I have purchased my on-the-go lighting and I am just waiting on it to arrive.

Anyway, thanks everyone for your feedback...I really appreciate it.

Oh yeah, almost forgot...got my site up and running. I heard it takes a long time for blu to get to sites but I was a little premature. I still have a lot to upload...portraiture, engagements and commercial.

www.mikerichardsphotography.net

So, 5th wedding done!!!

I can't believe how far I have come in such a short period. I have another wedding this weekend, and the following and who knows for April but I am sure I will be booked!

I tried to do something a little different in these two photos and I really liked them, let me know what you think.

johnathanrachel1qb0.jpg

johnathanrachel2pf7.jpg

Thanks!
Mike

Holy crap man! Excellent work. Don't work cheap. I mean that.
Charge for your market area, and take every dime you profit and put it into equipment, marketing, and a killer website.
You'll do well. :)

Love your work although not so keen on the last two.

elsaspet...WOW, thank you! I am such a fan of your work and to receive positive feedback from you is wonderful! I actually have a nice website which I am working on everyday, check it out and let me know what you think.

www.mikerichardsphotography.net

EOS-JD...I am not a super huge fan of those images either but I thought they turned out pretty good for what they were.

Hi I just went to your website and it is healthy and beautiful. :mrgreen:

I only see two things I would change:

Your logo is great, but I'd show a photo on the splashscreen with your logo incorporated. Hit them with those beautiful photos right away.

The second thing is that nowhere that I saw have you listed your area. List it all over the place so the search engines can find it. It will get you higher in the search ratings.

Good job!

Thank you for the GREAT feedback. I have added Orlando, FL to my page title for all pages. I also added Orlando, Florida to the contact page. Also, the metatags have Orlando, Florida and a ton of other keywords.

I like the idea of having the splash page incorporate an image and I may do that...I actually had that on the site originally but I liked it to be a little clean but I do understand and I will try to figure an image that is fit for the homepage.

So I didn't realize it but I saw the video today of me in action...I really don't want to show the video so I will just show a pic from a seminar I attended.

picture1gj7.png

:sexywink:

So wedding 6 is down...WOW, can't believe it. I will be hitting 10 by the end of April and probably around 11 by the time I shoot my first solo wedding.

I bought a new lens today, I had planned to go back to Canon and get a 5D. Last night I bought a 85 1.2L, 24-70 2.8L, 70-200 2.8L and a 50 1.8, and a couple of flashes and was gonna sell/trade my D300 to get a 5D. But changed my mind this morning and figured out an issue within the settings of my D300 and now I love my Nikon again...lol

Well here is a shot from the wedding this weekend:

favs-4.jpg

Thanks!
Mike

I just looked at your site. Really nice and profesional looking

Most reactions

Back