First Wedding

Discussion in 'The Professional Gallery' started by rub, Jul 6, 2009.

1. rub

rub TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Well, maybe not entirely, as I have assisted with others and done a few freebies for friends. Regardless, I would appreciate some C&C.

These are not final edits, but I like to get an idea of where I an going wrong before I end up having to go back (especially if there are things in post I can change).

Thanks
    Kristal

1)
    [​IMG]

2)
    [​IMG]
    3)
    [​IMG]

4)
    [​IMG]

5) [​IMG]

6)
    [​IMG]

7)
    [​IMG]

2. rub

rub TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Hmmm - WB in 4, 6 & 7 seems off - but I'm pretty sure that is from the compression on Facebook. They aren't green on my calibrated monitor.

3. kundalini

kundalini Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    These look overexposed as is, but not all is lost. After reading Expose Right, I often slightly overexpose. I use Lightroom II for most of my editing and have found that pulling back the exposure, increasing black and a few more adjustments, I can have an image the I thought was destined for the waste bin to turn out pretty damn awesome.

Basically, I'm a PP idiot, but if you don't mind, I'll give one of yours a try to show you what I mean.

I see in your siggy that you have an SB-800. I ran across this blog (thanks to JerryPH) about Nikon CLS. It may help to read some of it before your next outing.

4. rub

rub TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks for the links - I am always looking for more information. I will re-evaluate the exposures, as I tend to overexpose (in post) most of the time - I think it is what I find appealing, but I try to keep it under control. Obviously I didn't this time!

And yes, feel free to edit one and show me what you are envisioning.

Cheers, Kristal

5. kundalini

kundalini Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Sorry Kristal.... the jpeg didn't give enough latitude for what I was trying. The histogram indicated that the RAW image will probably be more receptive. Or I could just be the idiot. :lol: