First Wedding

Discussion in 'Beyond the Basics' started by Matt Davis, Jul 29, 2005.

1. Matt Davis

Matt Davis TPF Noob!

Hey,

Tomorrow me and my dad our doing our first wedding. He seems very laid back about but im very nervous about it! Other photos I take it doesnt matter if theyre not quite right or somethings wrong, but theses photos have to be right!

Anyway, I just wondered if you had any tips for me tomorrow? Anything that you know works well with wedding photography?

Cheers

2. Artemis

Artemis Just Punked Himself

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Im just off to one now (Im the assistant, so im not the best advice)
    The new form for weddings is journelistic, candid shots, but you will still need line ups.
    Head up the the brides house, take some getting ready shots, then head up to the church before they leave, get the car coming in, then do all the stuff in the church, and the group pics. Then the reception, best part I always find, just snap away, get a few people to pose for you.

My best advice is be as confident as you can without being rude, if someone needs a hand carrying something, help them, this helps you get a repore with the people there.
    Find the "Helpfull" best man to help you get people together, and dont say "Say cheese" say "I see monkeys" or something like that, make jokes but ones that are obviously jokes, and just let them have a good time.
    If they are hostile towards you, just back off a bit and be a bit more "Old school" photographer hehe.
    Have a good time, and dont be fightend to be artistic...not every shot has to be dead center you know ;)

Hope this helped...ill post more cause I gotto dash to me wedding good luck!

3. mygrain

mygrain Friend to nose goblins everywhere

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Make a list of the shots you want to take and keep it handy, make sure you have a back up kit just incase your primary one goes down. digital of film? either way have extra film or cards. indoor or outdoors? be prepared to take pics anywhere. also try to use a off shoe flash to the lighting will be so direct and cause redeye. bring safety pins and needle and thread jsut incase a party member loses abutton or rips a dress. it's your job to make them look good. google wedding photography...i found tons of great advise online. most importantly keep a smile on your face. and arty is right be firm but not aggressive. the In-Laws will be a bother to your plans most likely but be open minded and flexable- be prepared to shot anywhere. also Candids make some of the best wedding photos. good luck!