First week using C&C

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by Crushproof, Mar 10, 2010.

1. Crushproof

Crushproof TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Hi i would like to improve on these three situations Light trails , macro & Moving water only new so excuse me if i doesn't make sense

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 10, 2010
  2. Josh66

Josh66 Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    #2 is not bad - nice sharp focus on the eye. #1 also is sharp in all the right places, but I just don't find it as interesting as #2.

The last 2 seem a little out of focus to me. Focus issues aside, the composition seems lacking as well...

Not trying to be mean - just giving you my honest opinion. I hope that doesn't offend you.
    After all, you need to know what needs improvement if you're actually interested in improving.

The last one looks like it was taken from a bridge ... getting off of the bridge and on the ground may have helped a lot. Could be very interesting from ground level. Something to try next time...

3. Chriss

Chriss TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Ok, now im just a beginner so take this very lightly but heres my critique:

1. You got the focus right on the lizard and blurred the background which is good but the stickish thing in the background is distracting and I would prefer a tighter crop around the lizard. Other than that, everything seems fine.

2. To me it looks like you got the focus right on the eye which is good but i would prefer more focus around the lizard's head. I like the shot though.

3. The one thing that bothers me about this shot is that the lane with the most interest is on the far right, where the lane in the middle has only one (very faint) light trail. Nice job if this is your first try doing this!

4. On this one, you caught the motion of the waterfall nicely but it is out of focus. Correct me if im wrong but i think you caught the focus on the leaves? Either that or you had some camera shake while you were taking it. Keep up the good work!

4. Crushproof

Crushproof TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks for your comments im very hard to offend dont worry about that do you think no.1 is not as intresting because there is too much background should i try get more of the lizard in it? as for the bottom two i was standing while i took these ill try them again when i have a tripod and il try find a spot lower then the bridge

5. Chriss

Chriss TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Your thing said it was ok to edit your photos so I hope you dont mind me posting this. Here is my idea of what it should look like. I didnt do any editing besides cropping it.

[​IMG]

6. Crushproof

Crushproof TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Yea chris i see what you mean he stands out more seams like more detail as well :thumbup:

7. Josh66

Josh66 Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    The crop looks better to me too.

8. thomas.corbett

thomas.corbett TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    All very good, i am a fan of night photography

9. reznap

reznap No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    Those first 2 are great. The 2 long exposures, looks like you moved the camera maybe? Try using the 2 second self timer when taking tripod pics, or a remote shutter release or something. If that's the case anyway...

10. myfotoguy

myfotoguy TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Yep, I agree. A tripod and reducing any camera shake as much as possible is essential.

For the water falls, I would also stop the aperture down. Exif lists it at 5.6, if you stop down to 16 you'll lengthen the exposure and get a smoother water fall. Provided your on a tripod keeping it steady.