fish eye attachment

i dont consider the word dick to be profaine.. and i, just like everyone else out there, deffinatley have places i can improve on my images.. i can admit that... i do know that a true fisheye is better than what i am using, and i've stated that.. hello, thats like saying a sunfire is better than a porche.. you get what you pay for with lens, and i know that, and some day, when i have the money, I will own a fisheye... but until then, i'm going to stick with what i have, because its better than nothing.

Love the fisheye.
The think I like about the examples above...same lens...but two "categories" of photo if you will. There's there's the obvious fisheye tricked out shots (Skylines, interiors, street shots), but then there's the more subtle bending (Family in apartment, firework, green cliff) where a lot more data is captured, but it's not quickly apparent that a fish eye was used (to the untrained eye).

The Nikon is definitely on my wish list.

Im with chris here i think that a 40 dollar attachment is better than nothing and some of us who want to get into photography buy the body with the simple lens it comes with and have saved for that for awhile, but dont really have the money for a long peroid of time and deffently would be hard to get the money for a "effects lens" so i do think the attament is a good way to get the effect even if its in a milder tone to see if we like it and to stub are craving for the fisheye look tell we can afford the 500-900 dollars for the lens, yes thers no debate over if the lens is supior over the attament but i do beleive that some cant afford it so they do with whats in ther reach....

and i love both you guys photos and love the skate phots good work on them

thanks bifurcator; i actually found that thread when searching, but its all wide angle shots. im looking for ones with the fisheye effect. there doesnt seem to be much out there. i am cruising the local craigslist and ebay for a used fisheye, but until then, i am still searching for the bubble-style pics with attachments. thanks again.

ohh ok ther was some pretty cheap canon fish eyes for about 200-300 range but ther used i know you dont wanna spend that much propley but its just a thought...

really? ive been looking and ebay only shows 8 listings for fisheye for canon mount at the moment....i could muster up 200 bones for a used 'real' fisheye, but i have yet to come across one. i just cant afford 600+ for new. the lense i use now, a sigma 24-70 f2.8 i bought used and i am very happy with it.

i think i can speak on this topic a little bit... first off a tiny history... i just recently picked up a used fuji s9100 in lue of buying a DSLR and a bunch of lenses... so anyhow i wanted to be able to shoot fisheye. now as far as fisheye goes, if your shooting fisheye for quality your on crack... but that being said... if i was you and had the option of getting separate lenses.. i would shop around maybe on craigslist, or your local camera shop for a used fish eye lens... but for me i didnt have the option, i had to get the screw on type.

mine is a tomika or something i paid $80 on ebay it is a .22 so some quick math.. its like a 7.7mm

anyhow here are some of my shots...

DSCF0268.jpg

DSCF0267.jpg

DSCF0256.jpg

DSCF0253.jpg

DSCF0237.jpg

DSCF0192.jpg

DSCF0193.jpg

DSCF0199.jpg

KeyHDR.jpg

DSCF0171.jpg

DSCF0209.jpg

DSCF0234.jpg

DSCF0259.jpg

DSCF0261.jpg

Last edited:
really? ive been looking and ebay only shows 8 listings for fisheye for canon mount at the moment....i could muster up 200 bones for a used 'real' fisheye, but i have yet to come across one. i just cant afford 600+ for new. the lense i use now, a sigma 24-70 f2.8 i bought used and i am very happy with it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tokina-10-17mm-3-5-4-5-Fisheye-for-Canon-EOS-Camera_W0QQitemZ200263426860QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item200263426860&_trkparms=72%3A570|39%3A2|66%3A3|65%3A12|240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

that could be worth a try?

sorry for the monster of a url

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
that looks like a great buy... for a budget minded person.. maybe get that one try it out if you like the results spend the extra coin on a good one.. i would think you should be able to resell that one for at least 50-60 bucks if not more...

:thumbs up: for new daddys...

i already emailed the guy about it, had him send me some pics that he has taken with them. they are better then the attachment, but no where near the qaulity of the ones of chicago posted above. assuming the bid doesnt go to hight, and no one else from this site out bids me...we'll see what happens. there are a few that are decent priced but very few are af.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back