fish face

maxalmon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This guy is a character. Took me a while to finally capture him as he's ultra fast and never sits in one place for more than 1-2 seconds.
a0391.jpg

Great shot.
Lovely colours and details.

Thanks,...

Really difficult shot as he's a dark blue and likes to hide in rockwork. Very elusive and rarely will you every see a full body shot. Normal behavior is to find a tiny hole and then all you see is the head sticking out and as soon as he senses movement, he ducks for cover...

Last edited:
Another shot from my tank tonight.
Orange and green cloves (clavularia polyp) This is a rare color morp, most are are a blah brownish color and this one is having some issues as the green is dead on, but the tips are usually a metalic, neon orange. I just changed bulbs on the tank and it's causing some issues with coral colors.
You guys think photography lighting is difficult, try a full blown reef tank!
Polyp size is about .5"
a0321.jpg

A fellow RC'er.....Yeah thats me....small world...lol

Lets see if anyone can spot the issue with the image of the clove polyps, this will be fun to see who's got the "eye"....

you'll have to look a little harder, didn't give it away on RC and most people won't "see" the issue. Doesn't have anything to do with color... hint hint..

hmm could it be that the point of sharpness is not perfectly in the centre of the coral, but rather slightly out from that point?

Great shooting in both cases, definatly not easy considering that you don't have flash (if I remember right you don't use flash) and are using abient light - even if you have nifty lighting setups ;).

Great captures.
Love the fish..awsome details.

hmm could it be that the point of sharpness is not perfectly in the centre of the coral, but rather slightly out from that point?

Great shooting in both cases, definatly not easy considering that you don't have flash (if I remember right you don't use flash) and are using abient light - even if you have nifty lighting setups ;).
I should have adjusted my center of focus, these polyps are just so tiny and even with the live view and digital zoom preview.

But thats not it...

I was playing with the trial version of NX2 and made a HUGE mistake while editing this image...

arr I can't see it - and this means its going to be something really simple that once said can be seen! ;)
come on put us out of our misery

I was messing around with the NX2 (what a joke) program and was using the Auto Retouch Brush, I was just goofing around and decided to totally wipeout the bottom left side of the image, but for some reason the program copied and pasted the section from the top right...

I have no clue how this happened, but it looks pretty good
The pink circles are the exact same image

a0322.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back