Fish,Fire,Sulfur C+C

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by Neil S., Jul 17, 2010.

1. Neil S.

Neil S. TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I shot these at an Onsen hotel. Its like a bed and breakfast with a hot spring in Japan. The wife and I have been to more of them than I can remember over the years.

This area of Japan has a lot of sulfur in the water, thats why its so blue(stinks too). :lol:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Robin Usagani

Robin Usagani Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos OK to edit
    #1 . I think you can blur the background even more. And I think it will improve tremendously if you shoot it from the other side so you can see the reflection of the charcoal on the fish.

#2 Too busy. I felt like you were trying too hard to fit the whole building on the frame. It just doesnt work on this situation. How about like this?
    [​IMG]

#3 Again, I think you were trying too hard trying to put the whole pool in the frame.
    Plus, I think you should make the RAW file colder so you can show the blue color a little (per your description)
    [​IMG]

#4 Doest do anything to me. I would not tell the difference between sulfury water than dirty water.

3. Neil S.

Neil S. TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Ya I wasnt that good back when I shot these. And I realize I still have a lot to learn. At least I got much better gear now.

Thanks for the input, some of your points I hadn't really thought about. :thumbup:

Ya they are too busy I guess, they look like normal travel photos people snap with point and shoots.

These were shot in RAW, but I lost them and only have the JPEGs left, so I was limited on what I could do. I am still a Photoshop noob as well.

I have a lot of pics of Japan by the way. The wife and I used to travel a lot throughout the country.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2010
  4. Robin Usagani

Robin Usagani Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos OK to edit
    I made the water blue a little with photoshop. Would be a lot better if you use the raw.