Fisherman + Landscape

NaMcO

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My first attempt at both a B&W picture and a Sunset Landscape. What do you think?

fisherman.jpg

sunset.jpg

1st picture, wouldn't have known he was a fisherman if you hadn't said it. Did you get any other shots of him?

1st picture, wouldn't have known he was a fisherman if you hadn't said it. Did you get any other shots of him?

Nope, unfortunately no :blushing:

He was revolving the sand looking for shellfish :mrgreen:

#1 I would crop out all of the sky and a bit of the water at the top. The contrast around the subject and waves is very good, but the sky is just dead space.

Thank you! I have to agree there is a lot of 'useless' information in the first picture.

I cropped it differently now. I didn't cut the water on top as it would seem to make the crop too tight... Am i right, or would indeed look better?

fisherman2.jpg

I think #1 might work better as a colour image. The conversion is fine from a technical standpoint, but I'm not sure that it really adds anything; why is it monochrome is the question. I agree with the suggestion to crop out some of the sky, and in addition, don't forget to level it. The water is running out the left side of my monitor and onto my desk!

;)

I like #2 but I think the used of a graduated ND filter say one or two stops worth to really enhance the sky detail, would have taken the scene from nice to outstanding.

Thank you for clarifying some of my "ifs" and "whys" :thumbup:

Here's the image in colour with another crop, i think it makes it look nicer than the vertical one...

fisherman3.jpg

beautiful landscape shot

Most reactions

Back