Fisherman's Paradise

Status
Not open for further replies.
I assume that we have been "duped" because we all believed that this photo was actually taken the way it appears above. Mr. Thorhammer is claiming that all of the images that the OP has been posting are fake, or well, not really fake, but HEAVILY modified.

I'd eat my hat if that image was made from a single photograph. The lighting is all wrong. It's a good image but it looks like a comp to me. Most obvious part is middle bottom where the dark sand blends into the light sand, and a rock.

I never commented on this thread since I thought the perspective and of the sand and the water do not match ... taken at a different angle it appeared to me. So I did not understand the image.

also it is long exposure in the foreground for the water, but the boat is tack sharp without motion blur.

well .. the OP should comment.

You're right, it was an image I made from the sky and boat I got on myphotoelements.com. I wanted to see if my Photoshop skills were good enough to make an image that would pass as original photography. The ONLY way to do that is to post an image and get unbiased reactions. I learned when I first tried this is that if you tell people up front the image is a composite there are always folks who will say they "can see it" or that "it is obvious." To eliminate that I had to post as I did here. I hope everyone is not mad as there was honestly no harm meant. I LOVE photography and I also really like creating photos from my imagination. To me it as art form and I use the really good ones to hang on my wall - NOT as original photography but as a piece of art.

An interesting footnote - Joenoe commented that the rock in the center had been "erased" and he could tell. I commented that it was the fog. Honestly, nothing had been done to that part of the original photo. I simply added the sky and boat. Everything around the boulders is original photography.

Again, I meant no harm in this experiment. To those of you who don't understand or are mad at me, I apologize. As I said, this was the ONLY way I could test my Photoshop skills. And, believe it or not, I was going to explain everything when this thread had run it's course. I'm sure there are those who won't believe me but it really is the truth. The other website posted in this thread are my kids. I have two teenagers who love Photoshop. As a matter of fact, they were the ones who turned me onto the myphotoelements wetsite.

Thank you for understanding.

For those folks who also see this as an art form (as long as the creator identifies the image as a composite) here are a few more I did.

00-5.png

0.png

00002.png

Personally, the only part of this that I have a problem with is the OP passing stock images off as original and not being up front with people when they ask questions. Passing off pictures that others took as your own is, obviously, not cricket. As far as the photoshopping and mixing of images goes, I have no problem with it being presented here in, since many other posters here manipulate their images (sometimes to beyond recognition).

Here's why.

A lot of people manipulate their images in photoshop. There are whole sections of this board devoted to the changing of original digital images in image processing software... people are always talking about adding this, or removing that.

I assume that most digital images I see are "cooked". Unless the person is trying to pass it off as a news photo, I don't have a problem with it... Art is art.

If the original poster had taken all of the images that were combined, I would have no problem whatever with it being presented as a pretty seascape picture... just not for photojournalistic purposes only, especially if the poster announces that the work is extensively photoshopped.

I am interested in seeing the original image... OP, if you want to impress us all with your skills, then here's your chance... do a step by step walk-thru of what you did and how you did it. The final picture is actually quite cool.

as long as all the ingredients of the images are original work of the OP ... creating such images is fine and can be considered art.

However, one can debate if it is nice to present it here as a genuine photo (single exposure) and hence mislead people.

i can understand the idea of wanting people look at it less biased by not telling how it was created ... but it is a sort of experiment with mice ... and human mice usually do not like that.

Personally, I agree with Alex.... Any reconstruction of photos should be of the original photographer's photos, not hijacked and incorporated! That's the basis of this forum....originality.

seems the image was now taken out from the POTM nomination.

why typing in such large letters ... the person creating this picture already admitted that it is glued together from different parts and that is just was an experiment on us ...

Wow, this photo looks great. I love the colors and the long exposure. I agree with LaPhoto, looks like you have spent a lot of time planning this one out. I admire your photoshop skills.

Wow, this photo looks great. I love the colors and the long exposure. I agree with LaPhoto, looks like you have spent a lot of time planning this one out.

But I would not call it a photo, but would call it a photo-montage.

Also it is not a long exposure image. The sky and the boat are from short exposure images ... while the rocks and shoreline in the foreground are long exposure.

I admire your photoshop skills.

certainly some skill here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back