Fisheye Adaptor vs. Real Lens?

blinded

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have another question, thanks for the help in the other thread.
What is the main difference between a fisheye adaptor and a "real" fisheye lens? I've got a kenko fisheye adaptor for my DV cam but I didn't even know they existed for Film Cameras.

blinded said:
I have another question, thanks for the help in the other thread.
What is the main difference between a fisheye adaptor and a "real" fisheye lens? I've got a kenko fisheye adaptor for my DV cam but I didn't even know they existed for Film Cameras.

As far as I know, the add-on (or adapter) is an additional lens. You put that one on top of the regular taking lens and you have a fish eye extreme wide angle. IMHO a real fish eye lens is the one that has the quality between the two of them. Just think how many pieces of glass you add with an add-on! That alone will make your pictures softer.

I have a 0.43x fisheye adaptor that I use for my DV cam. It's threads are 37mm and my 50mm film camera lens threads are 49mm, so I'm just gonna get a step down ring and try it out. Can't afford a $2000 Minolta Fisheye right now... By just holding up the lens to mine, the image already looks super soft and distorted, we will see how it comes out when I develop it. Thanks for the info!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back