Fisheye Lens Help?

see, i don't have money.. plus, the lens would be even more than i spent on my camera so i don't think i should do that.

Sorry, I just saw this and had to comment. If you have an entry level camera, there are few good lenses that are going to be cheaper than your camera. When you buy a camera, you aren't really buying a camera, but a system. This might seem counter-intuitive, but the camera body is the 'disposable' part of the system. The lenses are what will last.

I have a friend who still uses 30 year old (I think) Nikon glass with his d90. He bought an entry level Nikon film SLR around 30 years ago, and has been through a half dozen (so he says) camera bodies, but still has the same lenses.

This is also part of the reason people are telling you not to buy the cheap attachment and get a quality lens. It will work well for you for years in the future.

Nothing is a viable option in this case. The el cheapo attachments aren't even fisheye's. They're just cheap plastic that adds some barrel distortion.

true true. but i mean, i CAN'T save money because i have no way of earning it. i am only fifteen and i don't have a job so i can't save any money. plus, my parents wont participate in buying a really expensive lens so my dad says that its either this or nothing..

Man, when I was 15, I had a job. :p Seriously though, is getting a job an option? Bagging groceries or flipping burgers could be a good way to get the stuff you want.

Really then, your best option is just not to get the thing. You really won't be happy with the results.

Is there anyway you could do odd jobs around your neighborhood for money? I mean, it is summer, school shouldn't start for another month or so. I'm sure there's plenty of people who'd love to let you mow their lawn or trim hedges or something like that. I did that for two weeks when I was 17, and made around $500. Not a huge paycheck, but hey, two weeks of labor gets you what you want.

hahaha.
well my dad WOULD have bought it for me but i wanted to get a macbook instead so i kind of used all of my "father-buying-stuff-for-daughter" money.
and i would get a job if i could but i dance and i have literally no time to work :/
this is such a tough situation :(

hahaha.
well my dad WOULD have bought it for me but i wanted to get a macbook instead so i kind of used all of my "father-buying-stuff-for-daughter" money.
and i would get a job if i could but i dance and i have literally no time to work :/

At the age of 14, I was into 2 martial arts twice a week each (Judo and Karate), hockey once a week, high school and no less than 4 hours of music PER DAY, 5 days a week. My music on the weekends was no less than 10-12 hours per day and no sports (hockey being the exception) or friends allowed on the weekends. I managed.

I found 3 local restaurants and performed there after my day practice time on the weekends (my parents considered it practicing in front of people, so it was cool). If there were no music competitions 3 or more months in advance, and no school on a weekday, I was allowed to perform on those days too which normally I always found one place that would take me.

You only cannot manage when you SAY you cannot manage. ;)
It was the biggest rush in the world for me to roll into the high school parking lot with MY new car... it was all worth it. :)

hahaha.

Sorry to hear that. :( I wish there was more I could do to help you out here. I can think of a couple possible alternatives, but they might be far off here. Ask for it for a birthday/Christmas/Holiday gift? Save all your birthday/Christmas/holiday money? Use the sad daughter eyes? ;) Really, I wish I could help you more. I just don't want you spending money on something that will not give you the results you will be happy with.

jerry...i agree that my pics with that thing are awful, and i must say that in hindsight, i should have REALLY heeded your wise advice, and cancelled that order like you suggested.

now im sitting on this $70 POS that coulda have gone toward my coveted sig10-20.

dana, i didnt realize that you were not able to sock money away, so i guess i see your dilemma to a point.
as long as you understand what you're getting into with one of the el cheapo attachments, that;s cool. we can't all have all the great equipment we want.
hopefully you'll get some enjoyment from it. :D

true true. but i mean, i CAN'T save money because i have no way of earning it. i am only fifteen and i don't have a job so i can't save any money. plus, my parents wont participate in buying a really expensive lens so my dad says that its either this or nothing..

Get a job. Shut up. Just do it.

The reviews on the 7mm Vivitar are favorable for a fullly manual lens.

lol...VI, you are shot out of a cannon the past few days.

things ok?

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
well thank you all for your help.
i think i'm just going to go with this:
Amazon.com: Zeikos ZE-1858F 52/58mm 0.18X Super Fisheye Lens: Camera & Photo

once again, thank you soo much :D
Wouldn't .18x be a little too fishy?
idk i'm a noob

that would all depend on what it's .18x of...

say 55mm...that would equal out to about 9.9mm...
in other words, you dont have to push it to the limit.
Ohhhh i see what you mean!
Thanks!

lol...VI, you are shot out of a cannon the past few days.

things ok?

MY camera is broke, my iPhone is smashed into a million little pieces and the married girl with the boyfriend won't even look at me after the other night.

Don't call it a comeback.

:grumpy::thumbup::mrgreen:

Edit: But on a good note, I discovered the Brutal Hammer.

well thank you all for your help.
i think i'm just going to go with this:
Amazon.com: Zeikos ZE-1858F 52/58mm 0.18X Super Fisheye Lens: Camera & Photo

once again, thank you soo much :D
Wouldn't .18x be a little too fishy?
idk i'm a noob

that would all depend on what it's .18x of...

say 55mm...that would equal out to about 9.9mm...
in other words, you dont have to push it to the limit.

APS-C factor. .(18 x 55) x 1.6

Or is that 18 x (55 x 1.6)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back