fisheye lenzes?

Discussion in 'Beyond the Basics' started by mahmood, Mar 20, 2005.

1. mahmood

mahmood TPF Noob!

Hi
    I'd like to ask a few questions about fisheye lenzes.
    I am looking for one of these 180 degree fisheye lenzes but I don't know where to start. the first thing that I want to know is that if fisheye lenzes only work with a specific type of camera or we can attach them to any kind. to be more specific I want a fisheye lenz for a HP Photosmart 945 digital camera.

Can anybody give me some information about them and if I can attach one to my camera.

2. Meysha

Meysha still being picky Vicky

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Welcome to the forum!!
    What sort of photo do you want to get with your fisheye lense? a 180 degree lens is going to be very 'round' (distorted). But if this is what you want - then great!

If you can put different lenses on your camera - chances are you can put a fisheye lens on. I don't know your camera so you'll just have to google it. But you'll have more luck if you search for "lens or lenses" than if you search for lenzes.

3. mahmood

mahmood TPF Noob!

Thanks Meysha
    Yes I can use other lenses with my camera. So as you say I won't have any difficulties.

4. Meysha

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Lenses made by one company (generally) wont fit cameras of a different company. So if you own a Canon you can't put Nikon lenses on it. However some companies make lenses that can be used on other cameras.

However, I checked out your camera and I don't think you can put lenses on it. You might be able to put some filters on it but I can't tell from the website. Although it doesn't mention anything about lenses so that makes me think it's not possible.

Have you tried to take the lens off your camera? is it possible?

5. Meysha

Photos NOT OK to edit
    oops i think i asked you a question you already answered. sorry.