Fisheye

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by Coldow91, Jan 25, 2008.

1. Coldow91

Coldow91 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I am wondering what would be the least expensive way to get a fisheye, either for my Canon A-1 or my Nikon D40. it does not have to autofocus (with my d40) or even have to meter (with d40, metering would help for the Canon) because I will have a lot of time to set up shots and take trial shots and look at the histogram and such. the cheapest I have found is like $400 but I was wondering if you guy could point me in the right direction or post some models and such I should be looking at. And something like this is pretty much worthless garbage right?

thanks

2. Mav

Mav TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    You get what you pay for. Even at the low web resolution of those ebay photos it looked pretty bad. I have the Nikkor 10.5mm DX fisheye and it's a great little lens and works great on my D40 or D80. Manually focusing a fisheye is no big deal since almost everything is always going to be in focus anyways. It meters just fine. A little pricey though - $600. Sigma also has a fisheye coming out that'll work for Nikons, but I haven't seen a street price yet.

3. Double H

Double H TPF Noob!

Around the corner from the Turkey Hill, PA
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    The Sigma 8mm F3.5 EX DG Circular Fisheye works great on my Fuji S2 and S5, which are Nikon bodies. The lens is only $990.

4. Coldow91

Coldow91 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    do you know where I could get a used one?