Fishin'

dmccarty10

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.davidmccartyphoto.com
Brutal, huh? Well, okay, I'm game. At least once. What do you think?

Image-3BBE0EF7BA5211D9.jpg

I would go with a tighter crop you have a lot of negative space surrounding the people.

Also I think a really shallow DOF would have been nice to blur the farthest person to match the gentleman in the front. As of know I get this feeling that the second and third person are running togother.

Good sharp detail in the second and third person.

How does the viewer know that the people are fishing? I would have had no I idea these people were fishing had you not titled the picture "Fishing". It would work better to just call it something like "Laughter". On the technical side I agree with what Vmann said about DOF. You could even go in photoshope and select the 1st and 3rd people and put a slight blur on them.

Ha! I orginally posted four shots together from the same day and it was obvious they were fishing, then I remembered you were only supposed to post one shot at a time here and I deleted the others. So, you're right. I should retitle. :)

i say cut out all of the white space to the left or right of the people, then it will be perfect. Great shot.

Well Jadin, for the record, I'm with you. :) The negative space was actually what I liked about it. That and the expression on the boy's face. It's a spontaneous moment, not a controlled studio setting. But, everyone has their own opinion. :)

I'm going with liking the negative space as well. I think if it were cropped, it would look too standard and the negative space on this one gives it a unique feel to me. Something about this photo really appeals to me and the composition is what I think sets it apart.

Most reactions

Back